do you find yourself...

do you find yourself...

Postby systemd0wn » Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:03 am

Is it just me or does anyone else find themselves looking at antennas wondering if A. they are for Wi-Fi, or B. If they could :)

haha. just curious, and lately, ive come up correct on a lot of my observations. hell i found a whole communications company i didnt know we had becouse i saw their Omni! hahaha.
Systemd0wn
'311 Transistor, its a lightning resistor'
systemd0wn

Re: do you find yourself...

Postby lincomatic » Wed Aug 07, 2002 9:01 am

Originally posted by systemd0wn
Is it just me or does anyone else find themselves looking at antennas wondering if [b]A. they are for Wi-Fi, or B. If they could :)

haha. just curious, and lately, ive come up correct on a lot of my observations. hell i found a whole communications company i didnt know we had becouse i saw their Omni! hahaha. [/B]

yeah my friends laugh at me ... i'm always staring at whatever is on the roof of buildings we pass by. yesterday i saw this big white stick on a far away building i thought might be an antenna and got ribbed by my passenger when it turned out to be a white flagpole :rolleyes:
~lincomatic
lincomatic
Mini Stumbler

Postby nite613 » Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:21 am

Yeah, my GF has described it as an antenna fetish. I stare at anything remotely antenna like and often theorize on what they're used for. There is so much wireless infrastructure, and it's just so cool to look at. :)
nite613
Mini Stumbler

Postby systemd0wn » Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:39 am

haha. i dont think ill tell anyone about the antenna thing, they will just laugh more. hahah. its fun to wonder what they might be sending over it all... one day ill find out :) Cant wait to get my paycheck this friday... its going to be gone. quick!
Systemd0wn
'311 Transistor, its a lightning resistor'
systemd0wn

Postby bwsaloum » Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:41 am

Is it just me or does anyone else find themselves looking at antennas wondering if [b]A. they are for Wi-Fi, or B. If they could :)

haha. just curious, and lately, ive come up correct on a lot of my observations. hell i found a whole communications company i didnt know we had becouse i saw their Omni! hahaha. [/B]

Stumbler 12 Step Program:

1) Sell your laptop or iPAQ

2) Learn about EIA/TIA 568 Standard

3) Wire your house w/ Gigabit Ethernet

4) Pay for Cable Modem

5) Post all of your wireless & computer security books on half.com for 5 cents a copy

6) Reintroduce yourself with your spouse or significant other

7) Make ammends for all those "late night trips to the 7-11" that seemed to last for 5 hours, even though it's just down the block.

8) Send thank you cards to all of the net & sys admins who didn't prosecute.

9) Shim your refridgerator or washingmachine with your wi/fi card

10) Use your $300.00 yagi as a tomato plant cage

11) Actually use your copy of Mappoint for planning a trip...

12) Go to Vegas as a religious pilgrim, to show the old folks that gambling is a sin...

Yeah, they're lame, but hey... I was in a pinch

bws
BWS

Technology is NO PLACE FOR WHIMPS
bwsaloum
Mini Stumbler

Postby fordem » Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:19 pm

Strange that you should ask ....

There's a guy setting up a WISP within LOS of my office - and last Monday, I was standing at the top of the stairs thinking that he'd increased the height of his tower - I used to have to go one flight further up to see it - and the receptionist couldn't figure out what I was looking at - so I showed her.

And do you know what she asked ....
fordem

Postby rambopfc » Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:20 pm

no, but i would like to know what she asked... (i'm hoping its funny..)

RAMBO
rambopfc

Return to Antennas