Postby kensington » Tue Aug 06, 2002 7:58 am

bad pic of connector
Attachments
ap antenna conn sm.jpg
ap antenna conn sm.jpg (9.54 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
kensington
Mini Stumbler

Postby Thorn » Tue Aug 06, 2002 8:17 am

It's a RP-TNC. Same as the Linksys WAP11. Even blurry. :)

BTW, even in macro mode a lot of digital cameras will only focus down to about 12" to 18" away.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby lincomatic » Tue Aug 06, 2002 8:24 am

Originally posted by Thorn
BTW, even in macro mode a lot of digital cameras will only focus down to about 12" to 18" away.

that's why i love my coolpix 990 ... i can practically rest the subject against the lens, that's how close it goes :D

also, i've found that putting the lens in wide angle rather than tele generally works better for getting closer on most cameras.

kensington, if you can actually get dell to sell you a cable for the miniPCI, then rather than cutting, it might be a good idea for you just make your own pigtail out of it; get someone to crimp on a N-Male jack for you.

for the AP, you can easily get an RP-TNC cable to do it right. if you want to try just soldering directly w/ the existing connectors, you can always try that first and then get the proper stuff if your performance sucks.
~lincomatic
lincomatic
Mini Stumbler

Postby kensington » Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:14 pm

Originally posted by lincomatic

[b]kensington
, if you can actually get dell to sell you a cable for the miniPCI, then rather than cutting, it might be a good idea for you just make your own pigtail out of it; get someone to crimp on a N-Male jack for you.

[/B]

only problem is that the connector from dell is only like 2" long so i'd have to extend it somehowjust to get it outta the laptop.
kensington
Mini Stumbler

Dell stuff

Postby stonent » Fri Aug 23, 2002 6:44 pm

There was a guy on ebay recently selling as is i4000/c600 boards for 15$ buy-it-now You could harvest the wireless cables and connectors from it.
stonent

Previous

Return to Antennas