Orinoco cable connector

Orinoco cable connector

Postby bungopah » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:17 pm

I bought this orinoco/avaya wireless to N Male and tried to find maching connector to it but unsucessfull. I went to local radio shack they dont really carry that many selection of connectors. Do u have any ideas where I can get them beside hyperlink technologies wensite since they charge too much for the shipping.
bungopah
Mini Stumbler

Re: Orinoco cable connector

Postby stonent » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:20 pm

Originally posted by bungopah
I bought this orinoco/avaya wireless to N Male and tried to find maching connector to it but unsucessfull. I went to local radio shack they dont really carry that many selection of connectors. Do u have any ideas where I can get them beside hyperlink technologies wensite since they charge too much for the shipping.

Radio Shack isn't the store it used to be 20 years ago :(

http://www.newark.com
http://www.digikey.com
stonent

Postby bungopah » Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:16 pm

i got the cable and the connectors now but there is this plastic which bloch the male conection to the conector. should I break that? and also on the orinoco card antena connector, how could I possibly insert male conector there its blocked.
bungopah
Mini Stumbler

Postby rogerRabbit » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:55 am

i got the cable and the connectors now but there is this plastic which bloch the male conection to the conector. should I break that? . . .

Are you sure that's not the plastic bag it came wrapped in?

. . . and also on the orinoco card antena connector, how could I possibly insert male conector there its blocked.

NetStumbler Forums > Help > Antenna
rogerRabbit

Postby bungopah » Fri Aug 30, 2002 3:22 pm

thanks rogerrabbit,
that should solved my pc card connection problem.
I have another problem for the other antena connector that goes to the tincan. I bought orinoco/avaya N male cable from hyperlink technologies and bought the tincan connectors from radioshack and frys, they both have plastic caps which obstruct the male connector from my orinoco cable to be inserted to the connectors. I tried to pry this open also but it seemed to me the plastic holds both ends of the connector. Any ideas? where can I get this screw on type connector????
bungopah
Mini Stumbler

Postby rogerRabbit » Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:29 pm

I bought orinoco/avaya N male cable from hyperlink technologies and bought the tincan connectors from radioshack and frys, they both have plastic caps which obstruct the male connector from my orinoco cable to be inserted to the connectors. I tried to pry this open also but it seemed to me the plastic holds both ends of the connector. Any ideas? where can I get this screw on type connector????

Sorry, but I can't visualise what you've got there. Perhaps someone else recognises what you're describing or else you could post pix?

(It sounds to me as if what you got from Frys/RatShack aren't N-connectors? Can you find their counterparts on http://www.fab-corp.com ?)
rogerRabbit

Postby DaClyde » Tue Sep 03, 2002 6:16 pm

You don't need to pull the antenna off or anything. The typical Avaya/Orinoco/WaveLAN card just has a little round plug in the end of its built-in antenna. All you should have to do is pop that off. Just don't lose it, it'll pop right back in if you want to keep it.
DaClyde

Postby Firebird » Fri Sep 06, 2002 7:20 pm

Here's the N connector I just ordered:
http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=displayproduct&&lstdispproductid=480096
This looks like the one that will work in a pringles can or similar can antenna. (ihopeihope)

Here's a picture of it, in PDF format, it is the H style connector:
http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=fra_pdfset&dir=611&pdffile=404

And here's the pigtail for my Lucent/WaveLAN/ORiNOCO/Avaya WHATEVER u wanna call it card:
19 inch ORiNOCO/Avaya to N-Male Pigtail

The coax used in this pigtail is a super low loss LMR-100A coax. Heat shrink is used on the connectors to provide strain relief. Our radio pigtails are made from the highest quality products available. All cable assemblies are 100% tested electrically for continuity as a standard procedure, we also test our cable assimblies with industry leading tests that ensure optimum quality at high frequency. Our calibration system is traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology. Our Quality Assurance and Inspection system is certified to MIL-I-45208. Our connectors are manufactured in certified ISO-9001 facilities. Our cables are second to none and we guarantee it.

* Frequency Range 2400-2500 MHz ISM Band
* "N" Male to Proprietary ORiNOCO Connector
* 19 inches in length

Regular Price: $ 39.00
Your Price: $ 21.00

http://www.fab-corp.com/index.htm
Firebird
Mini Stumbler

Postby bungopah » Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:08 pm

well, thanks guys...I found it at hyperlinks technologies but it cost me like $8/each plus $5 on shipping they said they can sell cehaper in 15s yeah right. How come they are so expensive? Radio shack & Frys got almost similiar model but have plastic cap that cant be pryed off.
bungopah
Mini Stumbler

Postby Firebird » Fri Sep 06, 2002 8:17 pm

I tried RatShack and got fed up when all I found in the tiny box labled RF connectors was one or two N connectors that weren't even what I was looking for. Don't get confused with the N connectors that are for crimping on the end of wires, thats what I did and they aren't the right ones for building antennas. :(

EDIT: Of course NOW fab-corp has panel mount N connectors! Or maybe I didn't see them before? hmm....
Firebird
Mini Stumbler

Return to Antennas