Vagi antenna yes "V"

Vagi antenna yes "V"

Postby ZenOps » Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:29 am

http://www.pacwireless.com/html/vagi_series.html

Anyone else think this antenna is just gonna kick ass on single element Yagis? If I'm thinking this is what it is it's a phase corrected two element Yagi. (sort of like a phase corrected satellite dish array, making many small dishes equivalent to a much more expensive single big one)

Its not as unwieldy as a really long single element yagi, and won't blow away with the first wind gust.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the receive signal sensitivity be far better on this antenna?

I think everyone is gonna be selling off their parabolics because they know this one is gonna just kick some serious butt
ZenOps
Mini Stumbler

Postby renderman » Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:44 am

That thing just looks really mean. How long before we see a pringles version?

At $40 I'm curious if it's a decent replacement for the fab-corp and lucent ones everyone seems to have (except me:( ). A comparable one at fab-corp is over double the price (no slight to them).

Can anyone convince me this could be a better choice than one of the normal single element that I should pony up the cash to ship the thing all the way up here?

Render
renderman

yea get it

Postby Wireless Rev » Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:10 pm

you are correct more or less the vagi is a phased set of yagi's why it took this long for this design to come to consumers is beyond me. the really nice thing about the vagi is the recieve sensitivity. it works out that the spacing between the two beams is about 90 degrees, which in the end kills alot of the noise. pick one up there are by far a great bang for the buck.

Andii
Wireless Rev
Mini Stumbler

Postby renderman » Wed Dec 18, 2002 10:07 am

I already got one and posted a review. However it got eaten in the great crash of 2002.

In a nutshell, the Vagi is a great antenna for fox hunting and AP aand with the realativly low cost it's alot more sensable than a similar gain single element yagi.
renderman

Return to Antennas