Cisco Aironet WEP

Configuration and operational information about stumbled AP's

Cisco Aironet WEP

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 27, 2001 8:22 am

Anyone out there set up WEP on Aironet 340 PC Cards or PCI Cards? When ever I run the Client Encryption Manager and enter the password I get the message "WEP Support Has Not Been Purchased!". It is driving me crazy! I have searched for info on "purchasing" WEP support but can not find anything! I have read through all the cisco setup documentation and setup guides I can find and they don't mention anything about it. I have updated the firmware, drivers, and client software to the most recent versions available on the Cisco web site but still the same message!

Well, it depends on your card model.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 27, 2001 10:19 am

You may have a card that doesn't support wep.

Cisco has three models to each series. The 40 model does not have encryption, the 41 has 64 bit wep, and of course the 42 has 128. This applies to the 5x series as well. So what model do you have?

Thanks!

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 27, 2001 12:17 pm

That was it. I have the AIR-PCM340 adapters with no WEP. I didn't think to look at adapter specs because all the documentation talks about the "340 series" adapters and I had never seen any reference to different versions of the cards.

Thanks for your help!

Bummer.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 27, 2001 11:34 pm

Glad I could help, but I'm sorry to hear that's what it was.

does the 340 work outside of the PCI card?

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 28, 2001 9:19 pm

Can the 340 be removed from the PCI card and have it work in a PCMCIA slot?

Tron Of Borg

WEP

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 05, 2001 5:54 am

Also remember, for a 40 bit key...enter 10 chars. and for 128 bit key...enter 26 chars. 0-9 and a-f only.

Return to AP Information