d-link 614+

Configuration and operational information about stumbled AP's

d-link 614+

Postby icehole » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:29 am

Hey!

My familly bought one of these 2nd hand and when I come home to fix it, they don't know the default password.

I can't seem to find it, does anyone know?
McDaddy
icehole
Mini Stumbler

Postby ck3k » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:36 am

use google, it will show you the way to holding down the reset button (in many cases)
ck3k

Postby icehole » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:47 am

thank's a bunch. I have never used a d-link before, only belkin routers.
McDaddy
icehole
Mini Stumbler

I forgot.

Postby JimEther » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:10 pm

Oh yeah,

I forgot that with Belkin routers you have to make a circle of candles infront of them and pray to a barbie doll to make them reset, my bad, no wonder that didn't work with the overly complicated D-614+...

btw: I already know I am a j@ck@$$

I only followed the topic cause it was in an area described as "Configuration and operational information about stumbled AP's" not "Configuration and other hardware related information, including antenna / card selection"
JimEther
Mini Stumbler

Postby gmiller220 » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:17 am

Oooo I hate that ap/router. I bought it and it would just drop out on any file download or transfer (even on local network) that was larger than 2MB. Annoyed the living piss out of me. Wanna buy another one? ;)
gmiller220

Re: I forgot.

Postby icehole » Fri Sep 26, 2003 5:56 pm

Originally posted by JimEther
Oh yeah,

I forgot that with Belkin routers you have to make a circle of candles infront of them and pray to a barbie doll to make them reset, my bad, no wonder that didn't work with the overly complicated D-614+...

btw: I already know I am a j@ck@$$

I only followed the topic cause it was in an area described as "Configuration and operational information about stumbled AP's" not "Configuration and other hardware related information, including antenna / card selection"

ye you are a jackass =) btw, I found the default user and pass's for that router. No need to reset
McDaddy
icehole
Mini Stumbler

Postby lincomatic » Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:18 pm

Originally posted by gmiller220
Oooo I hate that ap/router. I bought it and it would just drop out on any file download or transfer (even on local network) that was larger than 2MB. Annoyed the living piss out of me. Wanna buy another one? ;)

does yours have 1 antenna or 2? although the new 1 antenna model loses diversity, it actually performs much better. it even matches the range of my ORiNOCO RG-1100. i love it, especially because it only cost me $18 after rebates.
~lincomatic
lincomatic
Mini Stumbler

Return to AP Information