Why was this:
When I connected to my AP, I was using DHCP. no problems. However, if I disconnected, and tried to connect again later, I would run into problems. It would appear that I was connected (tray icon, good signal), but I really wasn't. IPCONFIG would show an IP adr. in the wrong range (should've been 192.168.x.x) and the Gateway and DNS were 00.00.00.00.
After some chin-scratching, I switched my card to static settings. I used the same settings that were issued under a normal connect w/ DHCP. Now everything works fine.
It seemed that when I tried to re-connect, before my previous DHCP lease was up, I ran into problems. Just a guess.
Like I said, everything works fine now w/ static settings on the card (AP is still DHCP enabled), I just wondered why this was happening.
"Things that never had names before, are now easily described... it makes conversation easy." -Byrne