Interesting AP setup with SG20

Configuration and operational information about stumbled AP's

Interesting AP setup with SG20

Postby recompiler1 » Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:52 pm

I setup my wireless router to run a a web server facing the unauthenticated untrusted wireless site. If someone sniffs my MAC address and the wep key and recieve a DHCP lease theyll see

before they can do anything else.

Anyone else here use Toshiba Magnia SG20 as their AP?
recompiler1
Mini Stumbler

Postby peekitty » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:26 pm

Nice idea. Do you filter SMTP traffic also? I recently came across two no-WEP 'Magnia' SSIDs in a financial district. What was the default out-of-the-box SSID on yours?

I've been watching the prices on these fall gradually, I'll probably grab one eventually.
peekitty

Postby recompiler1 » Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:21 pm

Well the great thing is I don't need to because NOTHING is open untill they provide the right WEP key from correct MAC address, and then authenticate through VPN. The sg20 runs a mail server as a honeypot. All mail sent through it stays on it lol.

I don't recall what the default SSID was, but I think the MAGNIA SSID is coming from SG10. They are very insecure out of the box, and need updates. The build 2.6 comes complete with a sendmail, open ssh, ssl, and apache chunked vulnerability 'features'. I also bet most people leave the default password for the telnet, ssh, and web open.

They really have fallen in price a LOT. They are between $120 and $250 on ebay. If you want one ask the guy in the yahoo magnia_sg20 group. He was selling his for 180 the other week.
recompiler1
Mini Stumbler

Return to AP Information