Netgear Wireless Router MR814v2 Internet Problem

Configuration and operational information about stumbled AP's

Netgear Wireless Router MR814v2 Internet Problem

Postby beckerexl » Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:13 am

Okey, so I hooked up my Netgear Wireless Router MR814v2 up to a D-Link regular router which is hooked up to DSL. Set it all up correctly, connected to it with my orinoco card, and also connected it with a regular Cat5e (from the netgear router to my computer), and both times the internet would work for about 10 minutes and then I would stop getting responses from the net and would get no connections (but I would still be connected to the router, and could log into the router settings easily). Why does the internet stop working after 10 minutes and how do I fix it?
When I get nervous, I get scared. And when motherfuckers get scared, that's when motherfuckers get accidentally shot.

B E C K E R E X L
beckerexl
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:29 am

Postby TheSovereign » Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:31 pm

i may have been mistaken but i thought these were netstumbler foums........ not my pc techsupport forums

oh well im feel generousisis
so im gonna tell u that netgear is good stuff(bay networks actually) and that dlink is shit so im telling you the problem is with your dlink pos residential gateway
SO SAYS TheSovereign
User avatar
TheSovereign
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2002 2:35 am
Location: chicago

Postby techfan » Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:00 pm

What operating system?
techfan
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:31 am
Location: NC

Postby Thorn » Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:44 pm

Originally posted by TheSovereign
i may have been mistaken but i thought these were netstumbler foums........ not my pc techsupport forums

oh well im feel generousisis
so im gonna tell u that netgear is good stuff(bay networks actually) and that dlink is shit so im telling you the problem is with your dlink pos residential gateway

TheSovereign has a point. Could you please TRY to put posts in the right forum?

Does this behave the same way with a wired connection, or only with the wireless?
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn
 
Posts: 10340
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 3:00 am
Location: Villa Straylight

Re: Netgear Wireless Router MR814v2 Internet Problem

Postby lincomatic » Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:54 pm

Originally posted by beckerexl
Okey, so I hooked up my Netgear Wireless Router MR814v2 up to a D-Link regular router which is hooked up to DSL. Set it all up correctly, connected to it with my orinoco card, and also connected it with a regular Cat5e (from the netgear router to my computer), and both times the internet would work for about 10 minutes and then I would stop getting responses from the net and would get no connections (but I would still be connected to the router, and could log into the router settings easily). Why does the internet stop working after 10 minutes and how do I fix it?


maybe you have a virus. some of the recent stuff like welchia, for instance, causes that.

also pls get rid of the profanity from your signature. it doesn't belong there.
~lincomatic
User avatar
lincomatic
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 1682
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:53 am
Location: Tinsel Town

Re: Re: Netgear Wireless Router MR814v2 Internet Problem

Postby G8tK33per » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:17 pm

Originally posted by lincomatic
maybe you have a virus. some of the recent stuff like welchia, for instance, causes that.


I'd have to agree. There have been many reports on various appropriate sites concerning worm/virus activity stating about 10 minutes worth of activity and then.... pffftt, nada. Later determined to be exactly as linc said...you've been had.


...and no to be a 'pot calling the kettle black', but it should be toned down a bit, for a sig anyway. ( and I can't remember what that phrase is from, though...it'll come to me. )
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
User avatar
G8tK33per
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:00 am
Location: Goomba's Booty Boardwalk

Postby Datura » Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:13 am

PULP FICTION!

(you kinda messed up the quote but its almost as effective :D )
Datura
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:28 pm
Location: Agoura Hills, CA

Postby lincomatic » Tue Aug 26, 2003 7:03 am

Originally posted by Datura
PULP FICTION!

(you kinda messed up the quote but its almost as effective :D )


not wonder i thought it was stupid. that was a f*kin stupid POS movie.
~lincomatic
User avatar
lincomatic
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 1682
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:53 am
Location: Tinsel Town

Postby G8tK33per » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:35 am

Originally posted by lincomatic
not wonder i thought it was stupid. that was a f*kin stupid POS movie.


Whew, I'm glad I didn't admit that it was my fav...I mean that I saw that movie. :D
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
User avatar
G8tK33per
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:00 am
Location: Goomba's Booty Boardwalk

Postby lincomatic » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:50 am

Originally posted by G8tK33per
Whew, I'm glad I didn't admit that it was my fav...I mean that I saw that movie. :D

;)
~lincomatic
User avatar
lincomatic
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 1682
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:53 am
Location: Tinsel Town


Return to AP Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron