Possible cheap AP antenna pigtail

Configuration and operational information about stumbled AP's

Possible cheap AP antenna pigtail

Postby ApacheXMD » Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:00 am

I'm new to the whole 802.11 game and am not sure if this cable is used for APs, but I found This while looking for a local place to buy N connectors. They have a 4foot 9in TNC/N male cable for 3 dollars. I'm not sure if the TNC is reverse polarity or what, but thought that someone might find it useful. From the pic, it looks like LMR240 cable.

Only thing is the place requires minimum 25 dollar order. :(
Good thing is they also have Female N connectors too so if you wanna pick up a bunch it might be a good deal.

-patchy
ApacheXMD
Mini Stumbler

Postby ck3k » Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:55 pm

I gets all my connectors from HSC electronics in santa rosa cali, I have seen good and bad prices, I paid like 4 bucks for a 4 foot extension cable for my yagi.
ck3k

Postby ApacheXMD » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:19 am

I've been to Halted (HSC) a few times. I wasn't sure if they had any N connectors, so I just googled it and found Excessive Solutions. They're right on Brokaw like a block away from Fry's. I went there today and it's like HSC, aisles of shelves full of all sorts of little connectors, switches and components. Fun place to visit and browse. I found some N female connectors, and they were listed for only 75 cents a piece!

-patchy
ApacheXMD
Mini Stumbler

Postby ck3k » Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:19 am

It is my fun place, sometimes you run into some good deals, I just wish they started to go heavy on wifi....:D
ck3k

Postby fregniacciaro » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:39 am

Apache - what's their address? I'm in that area, but not familiar with Excessive. You'd think that as much as I'm on Brokaw, I'd have seen it at least once...

I tried googling for it but got nothing. I even tried yahoo yellow pages. :(
When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today, I'm gonna read it to you.

Rompipalle della Chiesa del WiFi
SHAMELESS PLUG!

"Are you trying to irritate my colon ? Because if you are, I'll shit all over you in such a way you'll end up in a sanatorium, never to be heard from again."
--Dutch
fregniacciaro

Postby ApacheXMD » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:19 pm

oops, they're just Excess Solutions, not excessive. my bad

430 E. Brokaw

It's a pretty inconspicuous building as you can see in that picture.

You'll see the building on your right as you're going down Brokaw toward Fry's and 880.

-patchy
ApacheXMD
Mini Stumbler

Postby fregniacciaro » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:58 pm

Thanks for the info!
When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today, I'm gonna read it to you.

Rompipalle della Chiesa del WiFi
SHAMELESS PLUG!

"Are you trying to irritate my colon ? Because if you are, I'll shit all over you in such a way you'll end up in a sanatorium, never to be heard from again."
--Dutch
fregniacciaro

Return to AP Information