WiFI Flags

Configuration and operational information about stumbled AP's

Postby Thorn » Thu May 22, 2003 5:23 am

codezero,
I am always happy to speak for myself, although I too have other things going on in my life, besides being on these forums.

Fine, you didn't see the PM until after the post here, and you meant the response humorously. It is unfortunate that you expressed it in such a manner, and that the rest of us did not know what your true meaning was supposed to be. Misunderstandings happen.

Sarcasm, most often conveyed by tone of voice rather than content in the English language, does not always translate well to the written word. Truth be known, it often fails miserably. You may have surmised this by now.

No thanks were necessary. While I never expected thanks to "feed my ego", I also did not I expect a smart-assed reply. Your intent may not have been to be insulting, however, that was the perception. At least three people beside me felt that it was offensive, but you did not attempt to clarify it. You say that you were "insulted" by the people here, yet you made no attempt try and clear up the misperception. It would have been simple to post something along the lines of "People, that was a mistake on my part. I was trying to be funny and didn't mean to upset anyone."

As far as the original question, the purpose of the forums was fulfilled. A question was asked and answered. The answer was provided (along with examples) in the original Private Messages, and with the information in the "Search results" posted above. So actually, the question was answered several times.

Finally, as to my "immaturity" and that of the others here, let me say this: During the intervening week, I was hoping that in fact my perception was wrong, and that you would correct it. You failed to do this. In fact, the clarification came only after a week, and then only after I made it known that I felt it was inappropriate and that I was upset.

Your explanation, if it can be called that, came wrapped in an attack against me and other people here, but you still have not acknowledged that this was due on your part by not expressing yourself clearly. You have the audacity to claim the myself and the others are immature, but cannot even admit a simple mistake.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby Thorn » Thu May 22, 2003 5:25 am

c0nv3r9,
Thanks for the kind words.
Thorn
Thorn

My bad...

Postby Monitr7 » Thu May 22, 2003 5:55 am

I posted:

Can you feel the love in here? I can't either; just checking. Glad I've never asked such a stupid quest... nevermind; scratch that.

My mistake. I didn't know the back story on codezero. I was mainly picking fun at myself, but I also honestly thought that this was his first question on the subject and he was getting blasted right off the get-go. Once agian, my mistake.

code zero posted:

I sure hope you caught the sarcasm there.

...and I hope you catch SARS, dumbass. :mad:
WTOTD Industries - Where quality is Job #3.

G8tK33per doesn't care about the tarded people!
-Kanye West
Monitr7

Postby c0nv3r9 » Thu May 22, 2003 6:26 am

Originally posted by codezero Maybe you should let thorn speak for himself. Maybe you are right, but still you are assuming what you know of how he feels to be true.

I believe he already has. My involvement derives from your general response/attack on the forums and its participating members. I have made no assumptions. Thorn has explained the issue quite clearly.

You tell me that I am not providing any positive values to this forum and as you can tell, I don't care.

Then leave. You are wasting our time and yours with this folly. You have already stated that you have better more important thing to do. If being an ass irl is one of them then kudos...

It was a simple question. I have more of a life than the BBS so I didn't say thankyou.

It was. http://rtfmfm.net

Frankly, I was insulted by people so it wasn't on my priority list of things to do.

Then our job is done. Run along now

This thread should probably be closed off. It has been a waste of bandwidth since creation.
He shall recount his worthies: they shall stumble in their walk; they shall make haste to the wall thereof, and the defence shall be prepared.
-- Nahum 2:5, The Holy Bible, KJV
c0nv3r9

Postby codezero » Thu May 22, 2003 11:16 am

Thorn it was my fault. There was a complete lack of clarity. I didn't notice such a problem until I checked my email and saw several emails from the forum. I don't have a problem admitting to that. I actually liked that fact that when I came back, people had nothing better to do but to bitch about this. It was quite amusing.
C O D E Z E R O
codezero
Mini Stumbler

Postby Monitr7 » Fri May 23, 2003 3:26 am

An idiot wrote:

I actually liked that fact that when I came back, people had nothing better to do but to bitch about this. It was quite amusing.

That, my friend, is called trolling. You have nothing better to do than to read your own posts. This is akin to those who call into radio programs just to hear themselves speak.

Actually, dumbass, the people on this board do have better things to do than deal with you. Essentially, you're a waste of time. Come to think of it, you're a waste of space and genetic material. You are the posterboy for sterilization. If ignorance was bliss, you'd be orgasmic. In other words, STOP WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME!!

That's my final answer. I won't be posting again on this thread in order to not be wasting bandwidth, as c0nv3r9 has stated:

This thread should probably be closed off. It has been a waste of bandwidth since creation.

I agree.
WTOTD Industries - Where quality is Job #3.

G8tK33per doesn't care about the tarded people!
-Kanye West
Monitr7

Postby Thorn » Fri May 23, 2003 4:16 am

Originally posted by codezero
Thorn it was my fault. There was a complete lack of clarity. I didn't notice such a problem until I checked my email and saw several emails from the forum. ...

Good. (Taking this at face value, and assuming there's no sacasm intended.)

Let's move on.
Thorn
Thorn

Postby Madhadder » Fri May 23, 2003 5:54 am

Move it along.........Nothing to see here....
Attachments
cop.jpg
cop.jpg (14.58 KiB) Viewed 2012 times
Madhadder

Previous

Return to AP Information