WiFI Flags

Configuration and operational information about stumbled AP's

WiFI Flags

Postby codezero » Tue May 13, 2003 10:15 am

I have recieved a couple of Flags from various APs and I am wondering what they mean. If anyone has some information on them (other than what has been put in the official FAQ) I would be most appreciative.

Some flags that I am getting

02 03 12

Thank you.
C O D E Z E R O
codezero
Mini Stumbler

Postby Thorn » Tue May 13, 2003 10:56 am

Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby codezero » Tue May 13, 2003 2:08 pm

Thanks for the url. It wasn't that hard to do that.
C O D E Z E R O
codezero
Mini Stumbler

Postby TheSovereign » Tue May 13, 2003 3:40 pm

thats the point proving your an idiot for not doing that first....
your lucky u dont get banned
SO SAYS TheSovereign
TheSovereign

Postby Mr.White » Tue May 13, 2003 4:21 pm

Thanks for the url. It wasn't that hard to do that.

If it was't that hard, then why did you need someone else to do it for you?
A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite.
Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone.
"Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handey
Mr.White

Tough crowd...

Postby Monitr7 » Wed May 21, 2003 3:07 am

Can you feel the love in here? I can't either; just checking. Glad I've never asked such a stupid quest... nevermind; scratch that. :D
WTOTD Industries - Where quality is Job #3.

G8tK33per doesn't care about the tarded people!
-Kanye West
Monitr7

Re: Tough crowd...

Postby Thorn » Wed May 21, 2003 5:26 am

Originally posted by Monitr7
Can you feel the love in here? I can't either; just checking. Glad I've never asked such a stupid quest... nevermind; scratch that. :D

Please allow me to comment, as it was the response to my post that started the flames. Stupid (but honest) questions I can generally deal with, but codezero's answer REALLY PISSED ME OFF and after a week, I'm still mad. I've held off before commenting, thinking I might cool down, but I have not. As a general rule, I try not to vent too much on these forums, but I'm making an exception. Here's why:

Over a week ago, codezero had posted this same request in the FAQ section. It was removed, and he/she/it was sent the standard Private Message "Please post general questions in the standard forums. FAQ forums are for FAQs, blah, blah..." At that time I also sent codezero a PM with a very quick summary of how the flags work, and suggestions to read the offical FAQ and to seach. Several more PMs followed. In one PM, codezero requested that I just post a single URL to show how the flags work. As I didn't have such a URL off the top of my head, I again suggested a search, including the specific keywords "FLAGS" and "XOR" (the same terms used above.)

At about the time of the last PM, this post came up. Figuring that he/she/it might not have seen the last PM, and still attempting to help, I ran the search above, and posted it. And got the response quoted above. IMHO, the "It wasn't that hard to do that." indicated to me that he's a first class jerk who was just waiting for someone to do the work for him. Had he been sincere, a simple "thanks" would have sufficed.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Re: Re: Tough crowd...

Postby G8tK33per » Wed May 21, 2003 5:43 am

Originally posted by Thorn
IMHO, the "It wasn't that hard to do that." indicated to me that he's a first class jerk who was just waiting for someone to do the work for him.

LMAO...Rock on, Thorn!
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby codezero » Wed May 21, 2003 3:00 pm

Yes I am a first class jerk. Not to mention the fact that I love that the world owes me everything and should hand it to me.

Aside from what you believe, I didn't see the PM until after I had posted this. I asked a question. Excuse me for believing that a BBS wasn't for questions. My comment of "that wasn't that hard" was humorously misinterpreted as well. I love it when people have nothing better to do than assume what something meant and then post about it. I said that originally because I realized how easy it was to do what I had spent an hour trying to find. So in the end, I was ignorant on how to work a BBS. Just not my style I guess.

I didn't realize that the wifi flags were the sum of multiple flags. That's all I was really looking for. But thank you, thank you for showing you fantastic immaturity. Oh and I am sorry that I didn't feed your ego by saying, "thank you." I am a highly rude and inconsiderate person for not saying thank you to someone who couldn't just say that wifi flags hex codes are added together. One line. Simple as that. But I guess some people have nothing better things to do in life than sit and watch a BBS and never really answer a question in a field that they are supposed gurus in.

Oh, please don't remove my account, what ever would I do without an account on this BBS.

I sure hope you caught the sarcasm there.

Have a great day. All of you.
C O D E Z E R O
codezero
Mini Stumbler

Postby TheSovereign » Wed May 21, 2003 3:10 pm

i think u guys should just ban him anyway
we really dont need the rifraff
SO SAYS TheSovereign
TheSovereign

Postby c0nv3r9 » Wed May 21, 2003 6:18 pm

Originally posted by codezero
Excuse me for believing that a BBS wasn't for questions.

Yes, the forums are an excellent place for asking questions. The problem is, the question you asked has already been asked by countless others since these forums existed. It is simply common forum courtesy to follow the rules of the forum you visit; a general rule of most forums is to search through old threads before you ask your question.

I didn't realize that the wifi flags were the sum of multiple flags. That's all I was really looking for.

That is fine. You are not expected to know all. The problem is not just that the question has already been asked many times, but that the answer has been thoroughly provided on each occasion. In fact, that question/answer is so damned common that it is in the primary Netstumbler FAQ.

But thank you, thank you for showing you fantastic immaturity.

Okay, you are not gaining any friends or logical ground at all like this. What you should note is that Thorn is probably THE most difficult person on these forums to piss off. Most others would have told you to go fly a kite in a wind tunnel. Congratulations, you have managed to piss him off (the first time I have ever seen this to date) If you had spent any time looking at the forums you would
(or should) have discovered this.

Oh and I am sorry that I didn't feed your ego by saying, "thank you."

Incorrect again. Saying thank you is only a common courtesy. Replying back with, 'see, that wasn't so hard now' is just completely disrespectful. You expected to be spoonfed a simple answer. The most anyone will do around here is help you find the answer.

But I guess some people have nothing better things to do in life than sit and watch a BBS and never really answer a question in a field that they are supposed gurus in.

Again, if you had any experience within these forums you would already know that Thorn is one of the most helpful, knowledgable, and answer providing mods/members. Yes he is a mod, and a respected one at that.

Oh, please don't remove my account, what ever would I do without an account on this BBS.

You are not providing any positive value or energy to these forums. I don't see how it matters either way.

Have a great day. All of you.

Goodbye.
He shall recount his worthies: they shall stumble in their walk; they shall make haste to the wall thereof, and the defence shall be prepared.
-- Nahum 2:5, The Holy Bible, KJV
c0nv3r9

Postby Mr.White » Wed May 21, 2003 6:26 pm

Lemme blow the dust off this one.......
Attachments
sitinthecorner.jpg
sitinthecorner.jpg (7.54 KiB) Viewed 2070 times
A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite.
Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone.
"Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handey
Mr.White

Postby codezero » Wed May 21, 2003 9:28 pm

Hmmm, thank you wise c0nv3r9 for your knowledge. Maybe you should let thorn speak for himself. Maybe you are right, but still you are assuming what you know of how he feels to be true.

You tell me that I am not providing any positive values to this forum and as you can tell, I don't care. The other comments to me though probably didn't create any postive value either. So if you're going to call a spade a spade, take care of the other ones too.

The fact that thorn got pissed off about that and let it bother him for a week shows how immature people here are.

It was a simple question. I have more of a life than the BBS so I didn't say thankyou. Frankly, I was insulted by people so it wasn't on my priority list of things to do.
C O D E Z E R O
codezero
Mini Stumbler

Postby G8tK33per » Thu May 22, 2003 1:31 am

Originally posted by Mr.White
Lemme blow the dust off this one.......

Aaaaaahhh!!!....LMFAO!!!

G8tK33per

Postby G8tK33per » Thu May 22, 2003 1:32 am

Originally posted by codezero
The fact that thorn got pissed off about that and let it bother him for a week shows how immature people here are.

...Adios!

G8tK33per

Next

Return to AP Information