ALFA 500mw USB

Configuration and other hardware related information

well

Postby Wesmagyar » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:52 pm

i downloaded the sirf demo and set everything up as nmea which it was already on tested it on that and its 100 percent working. Maybe backtrack just has a bad copy of the drivers or gpsd. i dont know. still working on it though.
Wesmagyar

Postby G8tK33per » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:47 pm

Wesmagyar wrote:i downloaded the sirf demo and set everything up as nmea which it was already on tested it on that and its 100 percent working. Maybe backtrack just has a bad copy of the drivers or gpsd. i dont know. still working on it though.

Start working on that 'shift' key as well.
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby Wesmagyar » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:36 am

G8tK33per wrote:Start working on that 'shift' key as well.

Sorry but I was typing that on my old laptop and its shift key doesn't work.
Way to many years of hitting it. Unless I press down so hard that I might break the laptop it wont work.
Wesmagyar

Postby brwrdrvr » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:18 pm

Wesmagyar wrote:Sorry but I was typing that on my old laptop and its shift key doesn't work.
Way to many years of hitting it. Unless I press down so hard that I might break the laptop it wont work.

That's why keyboards have a backup shift key (read 2). ;)
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

Postby AmunRa » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:18 pm

Wesmagyar wrote:Sorry but I was typing that on my old laptop and its shift key doesn't work.

Oh yeah, and my keyboard doesn't work because there is no wire connecting it to the computer. ;)

Come on, Thorn said it once already and you broke his balls, and now you're going back to the same habits and trying to tell me its a broken shift key?
Thorn and the other guys here at NS are here to help, and you aren't even following the basic rules. I'm not saying I follow all of them, or that everyone else does, but you could at least pretend you do for a while. ;)
-AR
Please be offended by my post.
"Well, someone scraped the bottom of the gene pool when they made her."
"Don't you usually vacuum that kinda stuff up?"
AmunRa
Mini Stumbler

Postby nanomachine » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:09 am

For those of you who use Kismet, is there anyway I can get a graph showing dbi as I adjust my directional antenna in order to get the best reception? I am using the Alfa Alfa AWUS036H which is very popular but still not working with Network Stumbler. I did see one picture showing it working, but no idea how the hell he or she did it. I get "No Wireless Adapter Found" message at the bottom when I attempt it.
nanomachine
Mini Stumbler

Postby brwrdrvr » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:42 am

nanomachine wrote:For those of you who use Kismet, is there anyway I can get a graph showing dbi as I adjust my directional antenna in order to get the best reception? I am using the Alfa Alfa AWUS036H which is very popular but still not working with Network Stumbler. I did see one picture showing it working, but no idea how the hell he or she did it. I get "No Wireless Adapter Found" message at the bottom when I attempt it.

Are you frikking kidding me? Resurrecting such an old thread. Holy mother of the nanogods! You really need to go read the forum rules.

/Sits and waits for the field crews with the flame throwers. They've been out there changing the gaskets since they haven't been used in so long.
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

Flame Thrower

Postby Airstreamer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:29 am

Crap. Even "Stabil" didn't work. Fuel varnished up all the valves...

/sound of frantic pumping in the background..
"But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know.""

- Rudyard Kipling
Airstreamer

Postby Barry » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:32 am

Airstreamer wrote:Crap. Even "Stabil" didn't work. Fuel varnished up all the valves...

/sound of frantic pumping in the background..

G8t's wife cut him off again?? :D
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Postby brwrdrvr » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:39 am

Barry wrote:G8t's wife cut him off again?? :D

I don't think she knows where his source is at.

/Points to knot in fence
brwrdrvr

Previous

Return to Hardware