ALFA 500mw USB

Configuration and other hardware related information

ALFA 500mw USB

Postby Wesmagyar » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:39 pm

any chance in hell this is going to be supported. it is an awesome wifi card. its stats are

model # AWUS036H
FCC ID# UQ2AWUS036H

chipset is RTL8187

it works with kismet in linux it is also nativly supported by linux so im thinking it shouldnt be to hard to get it working with net stumbler. also on the odd chance that it does actually work with net stumbler and that net stumber just hates vista X64 let me know.
Wesmagyar

Postby streaker69 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:04 pm

Wesmagyar wrote:any chance in hell this is going to be supported. it is an awesome wifi card. its stats are

model # AWUS036H
FCC ID# UQ2AWUS036H

chipset is RTL8187

it works with kismet in linux it is also nativly supported by linux so im thinking it shouldnt be to hard to get it working with net stumbler. also on the odd chance that it does actually work with net stumbler and that net stumber just hates vista X64 let me know.

problem with my new alfa 500mw usb - Remote Exploit Forums

It would seem it wasn't so easy for you to get working, was it?

As for it being supported in NS, it might work under NDIS, and WinXP, but don't count on it anytime soon under Vista, let alone Vista X64.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby Thorn » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:19 pm

Wesmagyar wrote:any chance in hell this is going to be supported. it is an awesome wifi card. its stats are

model # AWUS036H
FCC ID# UQ2AWUS036H

chipset is RTL8187

Vista
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

yay!

Postby Wesmagyar » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:19 pm

oh the joys of being on the cutting edge! heh if only i could get my gps device to work in BT2 then i wouldnt need net stumbler. i would just use kismet. but damned if i can figure out how to get it to work....

i got this particular gps device becuase it was advertised as supported under linux... its a holux GR-213 USB with the sirf star III chipset. i got it instead of an older one... only to find out the older one is known for a fact to work under linux gpsdrive and kismet. but the older one was much bigger and only had serial capability. oh well...
Wesmagyar

Postby Thorn » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:27 pm

First, please capitalize properly. It is a requirement under the rules here, and it is enforced.

Secondly, many USB-serial converters will work under Linux. Most cost about $25-$30. One of these devices may allow you to use the GPS with BT2.
Thorn
Thorn

Umm ok...

Postby Wesmagyar » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:40 pm

I always knew someday that the Punctuation Police would spread their rampant curse among the internet but jeeze, Arent we being a little bit sensitive here?
This is a forum for a Freeware tool. Doesn't that kind of support openness and freedom? Not strict Conservatism and Censorship?
Relax a bit. mmkay?
-Wes-

(By the way I'm just yanking your chain a bit don't take it personal... I'm bored out of My mind and slightly annoyed at My current Technical difficulties.)
Wesmagyar

Postby Wesmagyar » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:55 pm

streaker69 wrote:problem with my new alfa 500mw usb - Remote Exploit Forums

It would seem it wasn't so easy for you to get working, was it?

As for it being supported in NS, it might work under NDIS, and WinXP, but don't count on it anytime soon under Vista, let alone Vista X64.

Yeah I still havn't gotten the enc option working in backtrack which sucks. And no one has answered on there. As far as I know I have it configured right. I have tested it on windows and it will connect to a secured network no problem. I've tried it with wep 64/128 and wpa and wpa2 so it works just fine in Windows. but yeah for this being the best wifi card there is (Quote from the bt2 forums) it sure is a pain in My Arse!
Wesmagyar

Postby beakmyn » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:05 am

iTisveRydifficUlttoreAdamesSagewheNthepuncuationisrongandthersspellngmistakes.
inthisdayandagewithBuiltinSpellcheckitsimple to do things right. There are many people on this forum for who English is not their primary language as well as people with handicaps. Plus you'll get a better response from the regulars with a well written question/response. If you can't take the time to properly write, how do you expect us to believe that you'll take the time to research a problem or be willing to methodically test a solution? You've already shown that you have a tendency to jump into things you don't understand. You already made the mistake of not fully researching what GPS to buy and just got one that was 'close'.

Best != easy to use

Best may be good for you but crap for me, it's all relative.
beakmyn

Postby Thorn » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:17 am

Wesmagyar wrote:I always knew someday that the Punctuation Police would spread their rampant curse among the internet but jeeze, Arent we being a little bit sensitive here?
This is a forum for a Freeware tool. Doesn't that kind of support openness and freedom? Not strict Conservatism and Censorship?
Relax a bit. mmkay?
-Wes-

(By the way I'm just yanking your chain a bit don't take it personal... I'm bored out of My mind and slightly annoyed at My current Technical difficulties.)
You're free to express your thoughts here, but understand that does not extend to abusing your privileges by contradicting the Moderators and Administrators or ignoring their warnings. If you want to be sloppy in your writing, you're certainly free to do it on any other forum where they will tolerate it.
Thorn
Thorn

Postby wrzwaldo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:57 am

Wesmagyar wrote:I always knew someday that the Punctuation Police would spread their rampant curse among the internet but jeeze, Arent we being a little bit sensitive here?
Relax a bit. mmkay?
-Wes-

Fuck'n tool!
wrzwaldo

Postby brwrdrvr » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:19 am

wrzwaldo wrote:Fuck'n tool!

There is a joke in there somewhere. I think I have it wrote down and sitting on my desk somewhere.

Oh yea, here it is.
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

uh-huh

Postby Wesmagyar » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:47 am

Well as far as the gps device goes it is a sirfstar III and from what i have seen on the net it should work with Linux. I know there is a Linux driver. I have gotten it working with GPSD or at least i think i have. Ive watched its output scroll. I don't understand the output but it looks identical in Linux as the output does in the gps diagnostic tool that came with it for windows. Also if you don't just jump into things you limit your learning. 90% of all the things that i have learned i have learned through trial and error. Same is true for most people i suppose.
my gps device works fine for most of my uses. It just doesn't work for one of them. And I'm sure it would work I'm just to dense to figure it out, and most people wont take the time necessary to help my dense self.
Wesmagyar

Postby beakmyn » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:53 am

You should be able to use SIRFDemo in windows to connect and change the output of it to NMEA
beakmyn

Postby Wesmagyar » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:18 pm

beakmyn wrote:You should be able to use SIRFDemo in windows to connect and change the output of it to NMEA

Ill check that program out. Ill let ya know it works.
-Wes-
Wesmagyar

Postby theprez98 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:10 am

beakmyn wrote:You should be able to use SIRFDemo in windows to connect and change the output of it to NMEA

Yep. When I had the "bad" version of gpsd, I used the demo program to reset everything in Windows.
[font="Courier New"]"\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";[/font]
theprez98

Next

Return to Hardware