Car antenna

Configuration and other hardware related information

Postby streaker69 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:00 am

jauguston wrote:A good start to fixing our political problems would be to not allow ANYONE with a law degree to be elected to congress.

Jim


Woah! What's next, not wanting Tax cheats in positions of power either?
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
User avatar
streaker69
 
Posts: 11867
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:09 am
Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby Thorn » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:14 am

streaker69 wrote:Woah! What's next, not wanting Tax cheats in positions of power either?
That's not exactly fair. The Dems all paid their taxes once they were exposed in the media.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn
 
Posts: 10340
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 3:00 am
Location: Villa Straylight

Postby Beard » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:28 am

Thorn wrote:Absolutely. If you can't get it done in two terms, you're either stupid or inept. Or, as in the case with most politicians, both. Two terms would make the House totally new every 6 years, and the Senate new every 18 years.

Personally, I might extend it out to four terms for single-year positions (e.g. in local or state governments), but that's about it.


Elected folks should not be allowed to set their own salaries or retire from political office under 'special plans' . They could use Social Security benefits like the rest of us. It also wouldn't hurt to require them meet the same type of competence tests military enlisted personnel face [especially the navy] when they're trying to get promoted.

Maybe they should wear a necklace of office that contains enough explosive that, when triggered by a poor enough performance rating, blows their head off.
Beard

"We hold these truths to be self evident"....
Religous: "Thou shalt not steal."
Amish: "You shall burn in hell for theft of wifi." {courtesy streaker69}
Secular: What's on the books. {courtesy beakmyn}
Redneck; "Thievin' bastard, [blam, blam]"

Solutions for the most common problems or questions of new members are here, here, and here .
Beard
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 6:34 pm
Location: Ozark mountains, Arkansas

Postby paintballaddict » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:34 am

Beard wrote:Elected folks should not be allowed to set their own salaries or retire from political office under 'special plans' . They could use Social Security benefits like the rest of us. It also wouldn't hurt to require them meet the same type of competence tests military enlisted personnel face [especially the navy] when they're trying to get promoted.

[color="Red"]Maybe they should wear a necklace of office that contains enough explosive that, when triggered by a poor enough performance rating, blows their head off.[/color]


Now THAT'S an idea I like!!! That's one way to get em off their asses. ;)
_____________________________
MY marker, MY paint, YOUR ASS!!!

GUN CONTROL: using both hands :D

Radio Shack: You've got questions? We have blank stares . . .
User avatar
paintballaddict
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: Lat: 42.21 Lon: -89.1 Elev: 733

Postby Airstreamer » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:03 pm

Thorn wrote:-Chop-
As far as "public health", the ONLY interest that the any government should have in health is the prevention of the spread of disease.
-Chop-

Read Ayn Rand, and you may have a glimpse into what I'm talking about.


And they've failed miserably at that too.:mad:

"AIDS, the most politically successful disease of all time."
"But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know.""

- Rudyard Kipling
User avatar
Airstreamer
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:26 pm
Location: A little North of Reason

Postby lagoausente » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:20 pm

Socialism, by it's very nature is nothing more than robbing those who are smart enough to accrue money, in order to provide for those who are too stupid to do so.


In that line for could be said that capitalism is nothing more then robbing other countries resources, and using all strategies avaible to keep them under control, avoiding them to make progress to keep getting cheap natural resources from them, like raw materials. In many cases helping to keep in that countries, the power a dictators ready to make good business with. Also brainwashing people to think that with capitalism the money is proportional to individual skills, intelligence bla bla bla, and so we could get to conclusion that poor people and poor countries are poor because are lazy or stupid or both.
Well, now that things are getting worse and worse, you may blame Obama or what you prefer. I just have to say, you seem to ignore lot of things that occur in the world. In AIG and many other, there was ficticius companies assured for lots of money. Fictitius companies with fictitius profits that sell each other "nothing". That companies grown based on false documents, and was assured but important companies. Swindles are monumental.
Speculation are other field, (win money without production, buy for 10, sell the same for 20). So if the sistem is ok, please explain me how you can get 10 without product anything.., just thing about houses re-selled over and over for more money, with higher credits. Are them profitable? Auto-regulation is posible? I don´t think so.
In Argentina crisis, politics sold national profitable oil enterprises at ridiculous price, and empty the state coffers in favor of external debt, but.., european and american banks was in the swindle, they created virtual money movements between the goverment and external entities that increased a lot the debt quantity based all in swindle virtual money movements. As you told, companies are guided by profit, but the part that "is honest".. is not that way in too often.
I think anyone should must put in dubt their faith, in general, doesn´t matter what faith.
I doesn´t suprise at all your point of view, just because in every forum where politics issues appear, often the coments based on prejudgements are repeated over and over, and usually are the same. Many categorical assertions, and ignoring many things that occur out there.
lagoausente
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:44 am

Postby Beard » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:48 pm

lagoausente:

Individuals, their status [well off or poor], education, abilities, nationality, or type of government usually are not a significant part of the equation. The equation is: Money [wealth], and the control of wealth, is [=] power. The desire to gain more power results in unethical behavior by corporations and individuals. The activities whereby undeveloped countries are taken advantage of could not happen without the desire for power/wealth on both sides. Poor countries very seldom change their leadership to a beneficial [less power hungry] one, they change a bad one for another set of greedy bad ones. Unfortunately, the power mongers around the world, be they in the USA, Europe, Middle East or any where else, back this since they see it as supporting their goal of acquiring more power.

As far as Socialism vs Capitalism goes, any system is as good/bad as the folks living with it allow its administrators to go. When the people living within a system allow themselves to be removed from participating in policy decisions, are prevented from actively participating in the decision making process, are ignored by the administrators, or assume a 'what's in it for me' attitude, the system will go bad. I personally feel socialism is a loser. Why should I be forced to share/give what I worked for with someone else? If I am forced to do this, then I don't think I'll work as hard or try to be successful. Because then I can get the same things, without working, from someone who is working hard and believes in socialism.

We're not "~ brainwashing people to think that with capitalism the money is proportional to individual skills, intelligence~". The idea is that these things can lead to a better life [more money] through their application. Being educated or skillful doesn't necessarily lead to more money. Succeeding in applying these attributes, along with a little luck, on the other hand can, and usually does, allow one to achieve a better income.
Don't you try to sell things for more than you paid? If you do try, then you're one of those 'Capitalists'. ;)
By the way, capitalism can't be all bad, US citizens are pretty well off and a lot of countries are traveling more or less in the same direction.

A lot of your post sounds like a general rant about criminal activity which occurs in all countries. In that case say what you really feel and get it out of your system, most, if not all, of us feel the same way.:D
Beard

"We hold these truths to be self evident"....
Religous: "Thou shalt not steal."
Amish: "You shall burn in hell for theft of wifi." {courtesy streaker69}
Secular: What's on the books. {courtesy beakmyn}
Redneck; "Thievin' bastard, [blam, blam]"

Solutions for the most common problems or questions of new members are here, here, and here .
Beard
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 6:34 pm
Location: Ozark mountains, Arkansas

Postby Thorn » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:28 am

lagoausente wrote:In that line for could be said that capitalism is nothing more then robbing other countries resources, and using all strategies avaible to keep them under control, avoiding them to make progress to keep getting cheap natural resources from them, like raw materials.
Capitalism is about making money. There may be bad ways to do so, or good ways, but the point is to make money. Nothing more, nothing less.

lagoausente wrote: and so we could get to conclusion that poor people and poor countries are poor because are lazy or stupid or both.
I would say, more correctly, that they behave stupidly, and is true in many cases. Although in many countries, cultural (and sometimes religious) belief systems are to blame. Of course, when such beliefs get in the way of making money, then that is behaving stupidly.

lagoausente wrote:Well, now that things are getting worse and worse, you may blame Obama or what you prefer.
I don't blame Obama for much, he's done some stupid things as a senator, but as a president hasn't done much thus far except pander to the press. However, I am afraid of what he might do.

lagoausente wrote:I just have to say, you seem to ignore lot of things that occur in the world.
I would express the same opinion of you.

lagoausente wrote:In AIG and many other, there was ficticius companies assured for lots of money. Fictitius companies with fictitius profits that sell each other "nothing". That companies grown based on false documents, and was assured but important companies. Swindles are monumental.
Speculation are other field, (win money without production, buy for 10, sell the same for 20). So if the sistem is ok, please explain me how you can get 10 without product anything.., just thing about houses re-selled over and over for more money, with higher credits. Are them profitable?
Geez, look at the facts. AIG failed because of regulation.

lagoausente wrote:Auto-regulation is posible? I don´t think so.
Sure it is. NO regulation is the ideal. The market, if left alone from outside influences, is always self controlling.

lagoausente wrote: In Argentina crisis, politics sold national profitable oil enterprises at ridiculous price, and empty the state coffers in favor of external debt, but.., european and american banks was in the swindle, they created virtual money movements between the goverment and external entities that increased a lot the debt quantity based all in swindle virtual money movements. As you told, companies are guided by profit, but the part that "is honest".. is not that way in too often.
'Nationalized companies' are a fiction. They are government departments. They cannot, by definition, be "profitable." To claim that they are profitable is an oxymoron.

lagoausente wrote:I think anyone should must put in dubt their faith, in general, doesn´t matter what faith.
Are you talking about religion(s), or is something being lost in translation?

lagoausente wrote:I doesn´t suprise at all your point of view, just because in every forum where politics issues appear, often the coments based on prejudgements are repeated over and over, and usually are the same. Many categorical assertions, and ignoring many things that occur out there.
Well, I have my prejudices, and admit to them! However, I have found that your types of comments generally fit with those who are younger (less than 30 years old), and have parents who pay for their lives, and have never had to really work for themselves. In short, people with no experience in the real world. Before you assume that you have a true world view, I would suggest experiencing actually being poor, and then actually making your own money. You'll likely find that the latter is preferable. Actually working with the homeless and the sick,might be enlightening, too.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn
 
Posts: 10340
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 3:00 am
Location: Villa Straylight

Postby brwrdrvr » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:42 pm

You know this guy thinks that Spain has all the answers. The only reason I can see someone from Spain having such a problem with the U.S. is because one of our presidents back in the 50's signed an agreement with Franko, the dictator of Spain at the time.

Now that they have a different government they feel it was wrong for the U.S. to support that kind of government and have bad feelings towards us. To the point that we don't keep our military there anymore, nor do we give them any assistance.

So Mr. Spaniard, which is it?

I'm sick of everyone bashing us while they are sneaking their asses across our borders to drink from our magical fountain.

You know what, fuck Spain. Bunch animals just killed and raped off a whole Aztec nation. Then they made Mexicans. Now the Mexicans are coming here illegally and it all started with a Spaniard's sperm.

You live on a side of the world we should just nuke and forget about. You're probably a Muslim too.

Fucking asshole, you're probably pissed because your mother sells herself to rich Americans and doesn't give you any money for your plastic sex doll fetish.
[color="White"]Had to do it. This thread was getting to civilized for me. Plus I need a bit of excitment today.[/color]

I'd be pissed too if I went from a dictatorship to a socialistic government without even trying capitalism first. HAHAHHAHA Suckers!
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
User avatar
brwrdrvr
 
Posts: 3381
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:26 pm
Location: Capitol City, Louisiana

Postby G8tK33per » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:45 am

brwrdrvr wrote:You know this guy thinks that Spain has all the answers. The only reason I can see someone from Spain having such a problem with the U.S. is because one of our presidents back in the 50's signed an agreement with Franko, the dictator of Spain at the time.

Now that they have a different government they feel it was wrong for the U.S. to support that kind of government and have bad feelings towards us. To the point that we don't keep our military there anymore, nor do we give them any assistance.

So Mr. Spaniard, which is it?

I'm sick of everyone bashing us while they are sneaking their asses across our borders to drink from our magical fountain.

You know what, fuck Spain. Bunch animals just killed and raped off a whole Aztec nation. Then they made Mexicans. Now the Mexicans are coming here illegally and it all started with a Spaniard's sperm.

You live on a side of the world we should just nuke and forget about. You're probably a Muslim too.

Fucking asshole, you're probably pissed because your mother sells herself to rich Americans and doesn't give you any money for your plastic sex doll fetish.
[color="White"]Had to do it. This thread was getting to civilized for me. Plus I need a bit of excitment today.[/color]

I'd be pissed too if I went from a dictatorship to a socialistic government without even trying capitalism first. HAHAHHAHA Suckers!


Holy shit, the Cajun is loose!
:D

I like how most other countries seem to enjoy bashing the U.S. but as soon as someone starts to put a foot up their asses they come crying to Uncle Sam to solve their problems. Fuck 'em.
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
User avatar
G8tK33per
 
Posts: 6078
Joined: Fri May 09, 2003 4:00 am
Location: Goomba's Booty Boardwalk

Postby lagoausente » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:58 am

First of all, I have bought a HSDPA modem, SIMYO have reasonable prices in 3G, and it´s more confortable than the library.

There other issues are really offtopic, but I´ll reply.

Capitalism is about making money. There may be bad ways to do so, or good ways, but the point is to make money. Nothing more, nothing less.

Of course , so I don´t think why people would trust in companies in general, if they are free to use bad ways to make money, at least money gives power aswell.

I don't blame Obama for much, he's done some stupid things as a senator, but as a president hasn't done much thus far except pander to the press. However, I am afraid of what he might do.


Ok, but I should consider what have done (or not done) Bush before aswell, to judge one and other.

Originally Posted by lagoausente View Post
I just have to say, you seem to ignore lot of things that occur in the world.
I would express the same opinion of you.

Of course I admit it, mass media provides very well-done disinformacion, so ignore a lot of things is quite easy.

Geez, look at the facts. AIG failed because of regulation.


Auto-regulation is posible? I don´t think so.
Sure it is. NO regulation is the ideal. The market, if left alone from outside influences, is always self controlling.

What about the money lost? How can recover people money? If you allow a company to invest people moeney without regulation, and that money is invested in the wrong way or missing, there are no only a company affected, it´s a lot of resources affected that cannot be recovered.

Originally Posted by lagoausente View Post
I think anyone should must put in dubt their faith, in general, doesn´t matter what faith.
Are you talking about religion(s), or is something being lost in translation?

Not, I´m not talking about religion, I talking about faith in premisses like "the market regulate itself". I think that can be applied in many fields but not in the financial, for example. In bank hands are resources of other people and even of other companies, if you allow them to make dissapear a lot of money, it will affect the rest of the economy, and if just letting them fall will not fix the damaged that could have caused.
Well, I have my prejudices, and admit to them! However, I have found that your types of comments generally fit with those who are younger (less than 30 years old), and have parents who pay for their lives, and have never had to really work for themselves. In short, people with no experience in the real world. Before you assume that you have a true world view, I would suggest experiencing actually being poor, and then actually making your own money. You'll likely find that the latter is preferable. Actually working with the homeless and the sick,might be enlightening, too.


I´m 33 years old, and live 600Km away from my parents. Had bad works in the past, now have a decent/good job, but I cannot see that there is a relation between hard work/more progress or money. When I worked harder than today I won less money than I do actually, so the premisses of "capitalism is perfect as it is", I don´t know have faith in that. I don´t believe in socialism. I think that a free market is ok, but there must be rules, to avoide "tha bad ways of making money", if socialism discourages individual efforts, illegitimate ways of making money that make some lazy guys to get rich whithout production, just speculationg that discourages aswell individual efforts.
Another issue is the free market competition. Companies like Microsoft, prefer pay a fine for monopoly actions than avoid them, it´s still more profitable, and that doesn´t respect tha rules.
In real state construction, the free market rules cannot work as well as in other products. Land is limited, and so offer and demand cannot be in balance as in production of oranges, or bread, so the houses keep increasing their prices to points unreasonable, and far away it´s real cost of production.
..............................................................................................................

You know this guy thinks that Spain has all the answers. The only reason I can see someone from Spain having such a problem with the U.S. is because one of our presidents back in the 50's signed an agreement with Franko, the dictator of Spain at the time.

Now that they have a different government they feel it was wrong for the U.S. to support that kind of government and have bad feelings towards us. To the point that we don't keep our military there anymore, nor do we give them any assistance.

So Mr. Spaniard, which is it?

I'm sick of everyone bashing us while they are sneaking their asses across our borders to drink from our magical fountain.

You know what, fuck Spain. Bunch animals just killed and raped off a whole Aztec nation. Then they made Mexicans. Now the Mexicans are coming here illegally and it all started with a Spaniard's sperm.

You live on a side of the world we should just nuke and forget about. You're probably a Muslim too.

Fucking asshole, you're probably pissed because your mother sells herself to rich Americans and doesn't give you any money for your plastic sex doll fetish.
Had to do it. This thread was getting to civilized for me. Plus I need a bit of excitment today.

I'd be pissed too if I went from a dictatorship to a socialistic government without even trying capitalism first. HAHAHHAHA Suckers!


Nobody have all the answers, but insulting I think is not the best image for your country.
Political parties here are, center-left (was 12 years after the dictator), center-right (was 10 years after that), now again center-left (now 5 years).
We live in capitalism aswell, and we criticize our country more than yours.
............................................................................................................

Holy shit, the Cajun is loose!


I like how most other countries seem to enjoy bashing the U.S. but as soon as someone starts to put a foot up their asses they come crying to Uncle Sam to solve their problems. Fuck 'em.


As have said before, we criticize our country aswell, and again, insulting just give reason to them who bash U.S.
There are other countries with a high technological and economic development like Japan, Germany, France, that don´t stay think they are the owners of the world, and seem consider a little country a plot where can play around.
I know US is a great country that have contributed in good things, but aswell there are things too bad to be admited.
YouTube - 911 Mysteries Part 1
( I bet you´ll don´t want to see the nine parts, but if you do, I think you´ll change your point of view of the issue treated there)

An interesting discussion in favor and against U.S. (in spanish).
Por qué algunos odian a los Estados Unidos de Norte América (USA). - Burbuja Económica
lagoausente
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:44 am

Previous

Return to Hardware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron