Non-NDIS Wi-Fi Cards

Configuration and other hardware related information

Non-NDIS Wi-Fi Cards

Postby BtySgtMajor » Wed May 02, 2007 11:30 am

Hi all,

Ok, I've looked through the FAQs and the various threads but can't find a definitive answer on this (and I apologize if I've missed it). But, I have two questions; in both cases, I need to purchase a wi-fi adapter that will give me decent/accurate results with results to signal and noise. I understand that NDIS cards cannot give such information.

- Are there are any non-NDIS cards for sale that I can use with my Windows XP box and are supported by netstumbler? I'm having great difficulty in finding non-NDIS cards for Windows that are also supported by netstumbler.

- If not, what card is decent to accomplish what I'm looking for for a Linux box? I can appreciate there are many, and I apologize for the question, but I'd like to find one that's supported by netstumbler and one that I can find at almost any computer store.

Again, I apologize for the newb-ness of this post, but whenever I try to look for information I seem to hit a brickwall.

Thanks again.
BtySgtMajor
Mini Stumbler

Postby streaker69 » Wed May 02, 2007 11:37 am

[quote="BtySgtMajor"]Hi all,

Ok, I've looked through the FAQs and the various threads but can't find a definitive answer on this (and I apologize if I've missed it). But, I have two questions]

Well, the obvious answer would be the card that's only truly supported in Netstumbler as per the documentation. Any Hermes based card, like the Orinoco Classic Golds.

Now that should be enough spoonfeeding.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Return to Hardware