PCMCIA - A/B/G Card with Antenna connection...

Configuration and other hardware related information

PCMCIA - A/B/G Card with Antenna connection...

Postby NightShade737 » Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:19 pm

Seen as my original thread has highly deviated from it's original purpose, I decided to split this as its basically a new thread....

What am really trying to do is get the most compatability and range out of the smallest possible package....

What I want to use basically, is a PCMCIA card that does A, B and G (so basically just A and G) and also has the connector for an external entenna. It seems that the new proxims have a connector, but it is partly hidden for the reason that it is very weak and not good for changing over often at all.

My question is, what can I get to satisfy these needs while only comprimising as little as possible?

Also, on a slightly different note, how would. say an Orinoco 11Mb 30mW compare to one of the 200mW Senaos (the PCMCIA one with the aerial built in) but while the Orinoco is using, say a 2dbi antenna like this one - http://www.netgate.com/product_antennas.html (top one)

Just making sure I get this all right.

If I have to compromise then I think that 802.11A would be the first to go so then I would be looking for the best G card with antenna connection, etc etc.

Cheers,
NS
NightShade737
Mini Stumbler

Return to Hardware