WarDrive Camera

Configuration and other hardware related information

Postby Barry » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:30 pm

streaker69 wrote:Nah, I like my camera because I can quickly turn it from side to side to capture anything else I might see. With my past history, I know that eventually I'm going to capture an accident, a fight, someone getting shot, a house on fire, a car on fire or anything else that I've already seen while driving.

I did just post another video accessible from the link in the previous post. This one is an example of the lengths I'll go to collect every last AP. Believe it or not, I did happen across about 4 AP's down that dirt road.

Can't play it. Winblows media player doesn't work with firefox on macs.
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Postby streaker69 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:51 pm

Barry wrote:Can't play it. Winblows media player doesn't work with firefox on macs.

Sounds like a bug in the OS, Did you contact Steve Jobs about it?
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby fregniacciaro » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:59 am

streaker69 wrote:I've finally gotten the time to start posting some of my videos. The first one is up, which is actually from last summer. You need to watch the light I'm approaching closely.

Good news is, I've corrected my video embedding so that it should now work across browsers instead of it just working in IE. I've tested it in FF 2.0 and IE, but nothing else yet.

Here's the linky.

I have some other videos, but they're going to take some editing before I can post them.

Is that a push bar? When the hell did buggies get those things? And why can't I see your horse?

Very nice setup. I've been looking for something along those lines for my car too. I need to look into a DVR setup or a mini-pc to avoid packing away the laptop at each client site.
When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today, I'm gonna read it to you.

Rompipalle della Chiesa del WiFi
SHAMELESS PLUG!

"Are you trying to irritate my colon ? Because if you are, I'll shit all over you in such a way you'll end up in a sanatorium, never to be heard from again."
--Dutch
fregniacciaro

Postby streaker69 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:03 am

fregniacciaro wrote:Is that a push bar? When the hell did buggies get those things? And why can't I see your horse?

Very nice setup. I've been looking for something along those lines for my car too. I need to look into a DVR setup or a mini-pc to avoid packing away the laptop at each client site.

I modified my buggy so that the horse pushes it instead of pulls it. After all, have you ever smelled a horse fart on a really hot summer day?
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Postby Dutch » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:30 am

streaker69 wrote:I modified my buggy so that the horse pushes it instead of pulls it. After all, have you ever smelled a horse fart on a really hot summer day?

Kindda like when you open the window at the office ?? :rolleyes:

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Postby fregniacciaro » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:51 am

Handheld cameras just don't work as well.
When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today, I'm gonna read it to you.

Rompipalle della Chiesa del WiFi
SHAMELESS PLUG!

"Are you trying to irritate my colon ? Because if you are, I'll shit all over you in such a way you'll end up in a sanatorium, never to be heard from again."
--Dutch
fregniacciaro

Postby streaker69 » Mon May 14, 2007 7:35 am

Kinda in relation to this thread:

http://www.wgal.com/news/13313994/detail.html

Police were tipped off after a motorist with a wireless monitor in his vehicle was startled by a live image of a child using the bathroom.

Here's what's kinda funny. Costco is selling a wireless "backup camera" for larger vehicles. Basically it mounts on your license plate, turns on when you hit reverse, triggered off your reverse lights. The monitor is always on, just waiting for the camera to "break the squelch" and display what the camera sees.

I installed one in our Van to help the wife get used to backing the thing up. In driving around, I've found it will display at least three nanny cam's just while driving by homes. I bet these people that set these things up, don't realize they're broadcasting to the world. In relation to the story, I know my camera takes a few seconds before it locks into the signal. So, was the guy driving around, actually looking for the signal, or did he happen across it like I did with the ones I found?
streaker69

Postby beakmyn » Mon May 14, 2007 7:49 am

streaker69 wrote:I modified my buggy so that the horse pushes it instead of pulls it. After all, have you ever smelled a horse fart on a really hot summer day?

Ever smelled a Silver Nitrate mud pit on hot summer day?
beakmyn

Previous

Return to Hardware