98SE with buffalo WLI-PCM-L11G ????

Questions about the operation or expectations of the NetStumbler software

98SE with buffalo WLI-PCM-L11G ????

Postby applecart » Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:41 pm

:confused:

I just read the w2k buffalo thread. and i'm now very confused!

basically..
can i use 98se on a laptop ( underpowered 166mhz/64mb ram digital ultra2000 hinote ) with Buffalo (MELCO) AirStation PCMCIA card WLI-PCM-L11G and netstumbler ( of whatever version you recommend )????

The driver CD ( buffalo airstation instal disk ) i have is Ver.1.51

------------------------------

please reply asap, this is doing my head in! I want to keep 98SE if poss because the progs I also use on the lappy are only for 98se and mostly dont work on a w2k setup. ( plus i transfer data from lappy 98se to a main box 98se when my little hard drive ( 3.2Gb ) fills up! )

Many thanks..
and sorry if I've posted a new thread if it was meant to be in the w2k buffalo one?

i just want as many views, or a decent reply.. thanks..

( bit pissed off really coz i read elsewhere the buffalo card was fine with netstumbler and 98se, so i bought the card AND an external ariel for it (buffalo airStation WLE-NDR 360* job )

grrrrrrrrrrr
applecart
Mini Stumbler

Postby King_Ice_Flash » Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:36 pm

I beleive this card only works in 2000 and xp, I don't remember anyone ever getting it to work in 98 or 95 correctly. Most cards work in 2000 and xp using the ndis drivers, but the ndis drivers only come with 2000 and xp. Some people have had success if they were using the client utility and scanning with that until NS detected it, but this card was not a supported one.
"Yeah," said a voice from under the table, "you go to pieces so fast people get hit by the shrapnel."
King_Ice_Flash

Return to Help