new to net stumbler software

Questions about the operation or expectations of the NetStumbler software

new to net stumbler software

Postby kalidindishiva » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:47 pm

Hi,

I am new to this software and one of friend told me about this site. I hope some would direct me or help me solve this problem.

I have installed netstumbler on my lap top. I have orinoco gold wifi card. My friend told me that I would be able access internet in airports and starbucks shop. I am able to detect the services available in airport but i was unable to access internet. Could some help me how to use this software and access internet in airports etc. thank you very much.
kalidindishiva
Mini Stumbler

Re: new to net stumbler software

Postby gmiller220 » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:22 pm

Originally posted by kalidindishiva
Hi,

I am new to this software and one of friend told me about this site. I hope some would direct me or help me solve this problem.

I have installed netstumbler on my lap top. I have orinoco gold wifi card. My friend told me that I would be able access internet in airports and starbucks shop. I am able to detect the services available in airport but i was unable to access internet. Could some help me how to use this software and access internet in airports etc. thank you very much.

*Sigh* netstumbler does NOT connect to a network in ANY way. That is the nic's clients job. Netstumbler only identifies wireless ap's that does not mean you can connect to them. That is illegal if you do not have the consent of the owner of said ap. And most airports or coffee house will advertise the fact that they offer wifi so that pretty much makes netstumbler redundant.
gmiller220

Postby Mr.White » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:33 pm

Just ask the owner of the network.
A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite.
Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone.
"Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handey
Mr.White

Return to Help