Orinoco + Antenna.

Questions about the operation or expectations of the NetStumbler software

Orinoco + Antenna.

Postby f0urtyfive » Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:01 pm

Okey, Im probably gonna get flamed for this (thats okey, I would flame me too ;P and yes, I did search, to no avail), but I just ordered an Orinoco 11b/g PCCard, that has their Ext Antenna adapter built in... What do I need (and what do you recommend) to get it working with an extenernal antenna. My main place of stumbling is in a car, so would probably need a mag mount antenna (wouldnt I?).... omni-directional (right?) for finding AP's, and yagi/directional (right?) for locating where they are more precicely / homing in on far away AP's. Thanks in advance.
f0urtyfive

Postby infosec_buda » Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:05 pm

They say my b/g card will show up next week... and when it gets here it will have a HyperGain antenna waiting for it (http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/hg2409mgu.php).

Where did you order your b/g from?
infosec_buda

Postby f0urtyfive » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:02 pm

eCOST.com (lowest price on pcworld.com's pricegrabber)

SubTotal: $80.78
Shipping: $9.99
Handling & Processing Fee: $5.95
Tax: n/a
Grand Total: $96.72

(Lol I wanted to overnight it, otherwise there was free shipping ^_^) I called up Orinoco, they said they use a proprietary connecter, that means i have to use they're dongle/pigtail thing, right? then connect it to that (if I bought it :P)
f0urtyfive

Postby infosec_buda » Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:31 pm

Orinoco uses a 'MC' connector. I hope that's what this b/g card has, as my antenna is hardwired with one! Look for a pigtail that has the right connections for your card/antenna.
infosec_buda

Return to Help