yet another tm 1300 question...

Questions about the operation or expectations of the NetStumbler software

yet another tm 1300 question...

Postby cheezit » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:50 am

are there possibly older drivers i can use with the tm 1300? the card exits when it hits an ap or two. i'm really really new to this whole "wireless" dealie as i've had the card/computer for about 3 days now. is there any windows based software other than ns i can run? right now, its xp pro sp1 with the dell tm 1300 card and ns 3.30. any clues as when the next version is out? even with it shutting down, i got 15 ap's in 5 minutes of driving. (ps- it sucks to use a touchpad when driving...)
cheezit
Mini Stumbler

Postby Madhadder » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:29 pm

1. Try Dell's www/ftp site
2. That's what happens when you use an UNSUPPORTED card. If you want to run NS without ANY problems get a "Classic Lucent gold card", And remember if it says Proxim on the label DON'T GET IT!!
3. No
4. No, Nobody knows, execpt for the author (Who ain't gonna tell ya either) It will be out when it's ready. (PS: It's been in the works for over 2yrs now.
5. Well, maybe you shouldn't compute & drive at the same time "Duhhh"... Pull over somewhere then check.
Legends may sleep, but they never die!!!!
Madhadder

Postby cheezit » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:31 pm

yeah, i poked around dells site. i might just go get an older 1150 card. yeah, it was stupid to do that, but it amused me. i just got the card/computer and wanted to test it. i won't do it again, occifer, i swear! any non-ns software you can recommend? i can't find anything else windows based other than airopeep. or whatever its called. thanks.
cheezit
Mini Stumbler

Postby Madhadder » Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:30 pm

On windows, NS is it, there is nothing else.....

Switch to Linux and you get, Airsnort,Kismet,Weillenriter, and
many others.

Links:
----------------------------
Airsnort
Kismet
Wellenreiter
WarLinux
Legends may sleep, but they never die!!!!
Madhadder

Postby cheezit » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:51 pm

nothing other than ns? booty. looks like i gotta learn linux. or buy an 1150. hmm.
cheezit
Mini Stumbler

Return to Help