Help with KisMAC on iBook/G3

Help with KisMAC on iBook/G3

Postby Muncher100 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:39 pm

I have installed KisMac on my G3 iBook, with the 802.11b AirPort card. Running under 10.4.

Selected AirPort Passive scanning in preferences.

When I launch KisMac and then hit the start scan button, KisMAC has me authenticate. Gives me a brief message about something else accessing the Airport drivers (no net applications running). I hit proceed, and KisMac indicatse that it is "scanning" but unfortunately it does not recognize any networks/traffic, despite there being active nets with traffic.

When I then quit KisMAC of course I need to do a reboot because my Airport drivers do not reload.

Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Munch
Muncher100
Mini Stumbler

Postby Dutch » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:48 pm

Muncher100 wrote:I have installed KisMac on my G3 iBook, with the 802.11b AirPort card. Running under 10.4.

Selected AirPort Passive scanning in preferences.

When I launch KisMac and then hit the start scan button, KisMAC has me authenticate. Gives me a brief message about something else accessing the Airport drivers (no net applications running). I hit proceed, and KisMac indicatse that it is "scanning" but unfortunately it does not recognize any networks/traffic, despite there being active nets with traffic.

When I then quit KisMAC of course I need to do a reboot because my Airport drivers do not reload.

Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Munch

Yep : Contact the Kismac team at the Kismac support site : http://kismac.binaervarianz.de/

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Return to Mac OS