Here's my setup I have a few questions..

Here's my setup I have a few questions..

Postby kitcho » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:08 pm

okay here it goes

15 inch powerbook
1.33/768mb ram
bt/apx
lucent orinoco gold PCMCIA card
+ 7dBi Antenna with RMA-SP connector (to reduce wear on mc jack)

I am currently capturing packets with my airport extreme card, which acually works very well in passive mode. my question is as follows: lets say I find a network scanning with my orinoco card. how would I connect to this network like I use my APX to connect to networks? From what I've found so far passive scanning has exceptional range. however when I go to connect to the network it dosent show up or its out of range. i read in another post that you need to buy drivers? (where do u buy them from?) and if i do buy them can I use my orinoco card to connect to wireless networks? I'm just worried that my apx card will not have the range to connect to most the networks my orinoco will show scanning passively.

thanks in advance
kitcho
kitcho

Postby Thorn » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:10 pm

kitcho wrote:okay here it goes

... how would I connect to this network like I use my APX to connect to networks? ....

http://www.netstumbler.org/showthread.php?t=9896
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby fregniacciaro » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:12 pm

kitcho wrote:okay here it goes

15 inch powerbook
1.33/768mb ram
bt/apx
lucent orinoco gold PCMCIA card
+ 7dBi Antenna with RMA-SP connector (to reduce wear on mc jack)

I am currently capturing packets with my airport extreme card, which acually works very well in passive mode. my question is as follows: lets say I find a network scanning with my orinoco card. how would I connect to this network like I use my APX to connect to networks? From what I've found so far passive scanning has exceptional range. however when I go to connect to the network it dosent show up or its out of range. i read in another post that you need to buy drivers? (where do u buy them from?) and if i do buy them can I use my orinoco card to connect to wireless networks? I'm just worried that my apx card will not have the range to connect to most the networks my orinoco will show scanning passively.

thanks in advance
kitcho

Whose networks are you trying to gain access to?
When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today, I'm gonna read it to you.

Rompipalle della Chiesa del WiFi
SHAMELESS PLUG!

"Are you trying to irritate my colon ? Because if you are, I'll shit all over you in such a way you'll end up in a sanatorium, never to be heard from again."
--Dutch
fregniacciaro

Postby kitcho » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:54 pm

wow thanks for the quick replys but damn... i already found the answer to using my orinoco to connect to wireless networks (wirelessdriver.sourceforge.net) which allows you to use lots of popular PCMCIA cards (orinoco,proxim,wavelan,etc) to connect to wireless networks via its integrated tool which also allows the input of WEP keys/passwords for wireless networks.

thanks anyways seems people here are less than willing to help and are ready to give me a motherly style lesson of morals.

please leave this thread here so people can find drivers to use their orinoco on their mac laptop.
kitcho

Postby G8tK33per » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:55 pm

kitcho wrote:wow thanks for the quick replys but damn... i already found the answer to using my orinoco to connect to wireless networks (wirelessdriver.sourceforge.net) which allows you to use lots of popular PCMCIA cards (orinoco,proxim,wavelan,etc) to connect to wireless networks via its integrated tool which also allows the input of WEP keys/passwords for wireless networks.

thanks anyways seems people here are less than willing to help and are ready to give me a motherly style lesson of morals.

please leave this thread here so people can find drivers to use their orinoco on their mac laptop.

Wrong answer.

adrian_wilke@hotmail.com
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby fregniacciaro » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:59 pm

kitcho wrote:wow thanks for the quick replys but damn... i already found the answer to using my orinoco to connect to wireless networks (wirelessdriver.sourceforge.net) which allows you to use lots of popular PCMCIA cards (orinoco,proxim,wavelan,etc) to connect to wireless networks via its integrated tool which also allows the input of WEP keys/passwords for wireless networks.

Well someone has to if yo momma didn't teach you anything.
When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today, I'm gonna read it to you.

Rompipalle della Chiesa del WiFi
SHAMELESS PLUG!

"Are you trying to irritate my colon ? Because if you are, I'll shit all over you in such a way you'll end up in a sanatorium, never to be heard from again."
--Dutch
fregniacciaro

Postby theprez98 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:22 pm

kitcho wrote:please leave this thread here so people can find drivers to use their orinoco on their mac laptop.

Oh, the thread will be left here. Just not for the reasons you wanted. :p
[font="Courier New"]"\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";[/font]
theprez98

Return to Mac OS