Mac doesn't do anything after inserting 2wire orinoco gold card, wrong pccard driver?

Mac doesn't do anything after inserting 2wire orinoco gold card, wrong pccard driver?

Postby grkn » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:02 am

After installing IOPCCardFamily v.1.1.0 installer from Wireless having installed the newest MacOS X/Darwin IOKit 802.11WirelessDriver, the pcmcia wifi card didn't show up anymore.

So I probably broke something, their FAQ says:
If you used the the 10.0.4 installer on OS X 10.1 you will have corrupted your 10.1 install. You will need to re-install the 10.1 version of IOPCCardFamily.kext. An installer is available here. Reboot and try again

And I installed it on 10.4.4 :rolleyes:

So what can I do to fix it, tried repairing disk permissons, didn't work, and after that, what wireless driver will be "best"? I got KisMAC to work with the wirelessdriver, but I couldn't connect to any networks through Macos.

Regards Johan, windows user trying to help mac using wife.
grkn
Mini Stumbler

Postby G8tK33per » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:16 am

Moved to Mac OS.
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby MikeP928 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:27 am

grkn wrote:After installing IOPCCardFamily v.1.1.0 installer from Wireless having installed the newest MacOS X/Darwin IOKit 802.11WirelessDriver, the pcmcia wifi card didn't show up anymore.

So I probably broke something, their FAQ says:

And I installed it on 10.4.4 :rolleyes:

So what can I do to fix it, tried repairing disk permissons, didn't work, and after that, what wireless driver will be "best"? I got KisMAC to work with the wirelessdriver, but I couldn't connect to any networks through Macos.

Regards Johan, windows user trying to help mac using wife.

This is not the Apple support forum, we just tolerate a few references to keep Barry happy.

http://search.info.apple.com/

MikeP
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
MikeP928

Postby Dutch » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:41 am

MikeP928 wrote:This is not the Apple support forum, we just tolerate a few references to keep Barry happy.

http://search.info.apple.com/

MikeP

/tabulates through the NS forums rulebook..Ahh there it is:
§ 43395.5 Keep Barry happy, mention Moose or MacOS at least twice pr. month.

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Postby Barry » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:00 am

Dutch wrote:/tabulates through the NS forums rulebook..Ahh there it is:
§ 43395.5 Keep Barry happy, [color="Red"]mention Moose[/color] or MacOS at least twice pr. month.

Dutch

Hey! That's half of Render's rule too. Anything other than a real apple card will give you trouble. :rolleyes: Try this driver. It might work better for you.
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Return to Mac OS