DaKahuna wrote:Anyone had any difficulties running Kismet or Macstumber on the new Intel based Mac?
Just brought home a new 15-inch MacBook Pro and have not heard a lot yet about any problems with either of these two programs so thought I would ask here before I start doing all of the installations.
streaker69 wrote:Didn't you have enough Mac's?
itsnotme wrote:What's the error or difficulty specifically? Kismet was developed to run on Linux not BSD like OS X is built on.
Barry wrote:If you run parallels you should be able to install a linux of your choice and run it there. I've never even been able to run it on a G4 powerbook. I still don't have an intel mac to play with yet.
Barry wrote:Does darwin ports port to intel macs?? I thought they were ppc only. http://www.freelists.org/archives/kismac/
This is the mailing list for Kismac. They'd be the first people I'd ask.
Mother wrote:I have v0.21a running on my 17" MBP with no issues other than what seems to be 'stuck' scanning. I have yet to confirm this, but it's as if for a few seconds, the scanning stops, then resumes. BT GPS works fine too.
Maybe I'll give the DWL-G122 a whirl, but its RF sucks big time.
Edit - BTW Netstumbler runs just fine under Bootcamp/XP with the Airport.
Mother wrote:I just downloaded the binaries in .zip from the donwloads section, and installed, worked right out of the box.
Barry wrote:Cool, just checking, I haven't installed one of their binaries in a while. I've been compiling it. Don't have a macbook yet though.
DaKahuna wrote:[color="Red"]What are you waiting for, the new chipset?[/color]
I came close to waiting for the new chipset but just could not resist any longer.
It looks like you may need to download drivers for the G devices. I plugged my DWL-G122 in an the link lite did not even come on.
I also have a MA111 and a WG111v2 that are in my bag at work that I need to bring home and test as well.
I did not compile the binaries. I used the same .dmg that I used on the PB G4.
Barry wrote:Ed McMahon to knock on my door.
DaKahuna wrote:[color="Red"]Well, good luck with that but did not know he left the lower 48! [/color]
I am not sure what is going to happen next month. I have been reading the zines about the new Intel chips for both desktop and laptop that Apple seems to be pressuring Intel to bring to market.
Given that and until more people move to the MBP it might be a wise decision to wait it out. As for me, going on-line shopping for a 2nd 1GB RAM module for mine tonight!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests