USB WIFI AP/Bridge for OS X

Postby Airstreamer » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:07 pm

Barry wrote:No shit.

Damn, I almost posted all the training stuff I've been through in a different thread, 'cause I was pissed off at the smart-ass reply that I got, implying I didn't know what I was talking about.

(But I didn't want to appear pretentious...:D )
"But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know.""

- Rudyard Kipling
Airstreamer

Postby DaKahuna » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:19 am

Barry - Do not know yet. Do not have a GPS unit or maps loaded on the PB yet. I spend a lot of time bouncing back and forth between my MAC and PC and have not made up my mind yet which one I am going to settle on for this effort. Was hoping to get some ideas as to which has better support for when I run into problems. Looking through the site here it seems there is much more support for PC based than for the MAC. Unfortunate.
So - that being said, what's your favorite GPS and Mapping program for use with the MAC.
DaKahuna

Postby Barry » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Actually my favorite mapping program was my phone book! I took all the city maps in it and photochopped them into one big map and imported it into Kismac. For the gps I use an eTrex with a usb to serial converter. Nobody sells mapping programs with updated maps for my area so I had to make them. My linux laptop I don't use maps.
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Postby DaKahuna » Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:24 am

Barry wrote:Actually my favorite mapping program was my phone book! I took all the city maps in it and photochopped them into one big map and imported it into Kismac. For the gps I use an eTrex with a usb to serial converter. Nobody sells mapping programs with updated maps for my area so I had to make them. My linux laptop I don't use maps.

Bummer on the maps. I have exactdly the opposite problem - too many to choose from. My desire is to automate to the maximum extent possible. On my PC I have the MSFT USA Maps loaded but have been focusing on getting the MAC up instead of the PC (matter of 12-inch vs 17-inch laptop).

I'll add the eTrex to my list of GPSs to look at when I get to that point.

Tks,
DaKahuna

Decode?

Postby R1scFactor » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:49 pm

[quote="theprez98"]I found futher evidence of your ability to sniff out the tards ]

Nothing to do?
R1scFactor

Decode?

Postby R1scFactor » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:50 pm

[quote="theprez98"]I found futher evidence of your ability to sniff out the tards ]

... .--. --- --- -. ..-. . . -.. . .-. . -..- - .-. .- --- .-. -.. .. -. .- .. .-. .
Nothing to do?
R1scFactor

Postby R1scFactor » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:59 pm

Yes, I am well aware of the alternate wireless options. Getting the internal card to work + capture + inject + not bomb the program every 15 seconds is the goal.

The alternate drivers thus far do not work at all or crash in only a few seconds. Drivers just arent my area.

Notably, I've been a mac person for years - however, only recently have I wanted to work with Mac OS X for a full PenTesting system. I've traditionally bounced between Linux and Windows based apps. And the freer the better - if they work. I may be able to get my employer(s) to fund retail packages for Mac OS X if good ones exist though. Again, open to suggestions if anyone has more insight than "Google it".

Cheers!
R1scFactor

Postby wrzwaldo » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:59 pm

R1scFactor wrote:... .--. --- --- -. ..-. . . -.. . .-. . -..- - .-. .- --- .-. -.. .. -. .- .. .-. .
Nothing to do?

Spoooooooooon!
wrzwaldo

Postby little dave » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:13 pm

R1scFactor wrote:... .--. --- --- -. ..-. . . -.. . .-. . -..- - .-. .- --- .-. -.. .. -. .- .. .-. .
Nothing to do?

And your point is?
little dave

Location: somewhere between 00:0f:f8:58:58:08 and 00:13:10:20:20:83

Postby Barry » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:36 pm

Holy crap BatMan! I think that's the longest span between posts I've seen here. Yea, google it.
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Previous

Return to Mac OS