Dell AXIM X5 - PPC 2002

Questions and configuration information about the MiniStumbler software

Dell AXIM X5 - PPC 2002

Postby downloadgeek » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:29 pm

Hello,

I am running the older Dell AXIM X5 Pocket PC using Windows Pocket PC Version 2002. I dont have a wifi card but i plan on getting one. I was just wondering with ministumbler, will it automatically detect networks and connect to them? Since i am using PPC 2002 do i have to configure in order to access the network or can i just click somthing and be connected???

Thanks
downloadgeek
Mini Stumbler

Postby G8tK33per » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:18 pm

Are you just trying to figure out how to connect to any available network for a little free internet time or network browsing to see what's there?
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby Barry » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:23 pm

:eek:
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Postby downloadgeek » Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:54 pm

what i want to do is to goto starbucks and be able to have access to their wifi. A lot of the restaurants and coffee shops that i goto have wifi access and i want to use it with my pocket pc.
downloadgeek
Mini Stumbler

Postby Thorn » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:06 pm

You go into Starbucks (or whatever shop) and ask how to do it. Since the specifics vary from place to place, they will give you the information.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby downloadgeek » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:33 pm

ok, ic. thank you.
downloadgeek
Mini Stumbler

Postby Airstreamer » Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:40 pm

Thorn wrote:You go into Starbucks (or whatever shop) and ask how to do it. Since the specifics vary from place to place, they will give you the information.

Charbucks' WiFi isn't free.

They've signed with T-Mobile for nationwide WiFi. (The last time I checked, anyway.)

It was about $30.00 per month for a T-Mobile account the last time I was in one and took the time to read the flyer, but that was 3-4 months ago. And then your link isn't secure anyway, unless you use something like that VPN service that was mentioned in one of the other posts I skimmed through earlier...

Legal defamations and obturations apply to the above personal opinon.. :p

sTEVE
"But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know.""

- Rudyard Kipling
Airstreamer

Postby Thorn » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:07 am

Airstreamer wrote:Charbucks' WiFi isn't free.

They've signed with T-Mobile for nationwide WiFi. (The last time I checked, anyway.)

It was about $30.00 per month for a T-Mobile account the last time I was in one and took the time to read the flyer, but that was 3-4 months ago. And then your link isn't secure anyway, unless you use something like that VPN service that was mentioned in one of the other posts I skimmed through earlier...

Legal defamations and obturations apply to the above personal opinon.. :p

sTEVE

They aren't free, nor did I state that they are, nor did he ask about it. I merely said "You go into Starbucks (or whatever shop) and ask how to do it. Since the specifics vary from place to place, they will give you the information."

That still stands. If he wants hotspot service from a particular place he needs to ask the provider for details on connecting.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Return to MiniStumbler