Jornada 720 With Aironet 350

Questions and configuration information about the MiniStumbler software

Jornada 720 With Aironet 350

Postby oli-picka » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:46 am

I have a Jornada 720 running HPC 200 and a Aironet 350 card but i get the error 'No wireless adapter found'. What would cause this? I have scoured the forums, installed the suggested drivers but still nothing. Also the Cisco utility says '350 Series Radio is Not Associated'

Any Ideas on why and how this can be fixed?

Oli
oli-picka
Mini Stumbler

Postby ortega » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:39 pm

I have the exact same problem - any suggestions would be really welcomely received. I updated to this firmware from Cisco (WinCE-PCMCIA-LMC-v270.exe), although I'm not even sure that's the right thing I wanted. The utility which that loads now tells me that my Driver version is 2.40.03 and Firmware 4.25.23, but I also get the 'Cisco 340 is Not Associated' showing in that same utility.

One problem that I can see is that i couldn't find any way to remove the old Aironet LAN Adapter Setup software - doesn't show up in the Remove Programs list, or anywhere that I could find. So that's still there, and that says that the driver version is only 1.23. Could that be creating some sort of conflict, and if so, how could I get rid of it?

Ta.
ortega
Mini Stumbler

Postby ralphyke » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:42 pm

I looked at the Cisco site where the WinCE-PCMCIA-LMC-v270.exe file is from and looking at the url

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4555/prod_release_note09186a00804fc9d4.html

it mentions: "Client adapter utility and driver release 2.70 is not supported for use with Cisco Aironet 340 series client adapters" which is also the adapter that I have and I get "PC4800 is Associated".

But I also get "No wireless adapter found" so was assuming that the MiniStumbler doesn't like that card. Don't know what else to suggest because there doesn't seem to be a compatibility list for HP2000 with wireless cards.
ralphyke
Mini Stumbler

Postby Airstreamer » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:13 pm

oli-picka wrote:I have a Jornada 720 running HPC 200 and a Aironet 350 card but i get the error 'No wireless adapter found'. What would cause this? I have scoured the forums, installed the suggested drivers but still nothing. Also the Cisco utility says '350 Series Radio is Not Associated'

Any Ideas on why and how this can be fixed?

Oli

Works with a Dell trumobile 1150 FYI.
"But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know.""

- Rudyard Kipling
Airstreamer

Return to MiniStumbler