Ministumbler with Sandisk WiFi+256

Questions and configuration information about the MiniStumbler software

Ministumbler with Sandisk WiFi+256

Postby greenghost » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:41 am

Hi,

i tried to install the newest version of sandisks WiFi+256MB driver and after this ministubler does not show any accesspoints. Hardreset an installation of any old driver does not fix anything.

Has anyone any idea?
greenghost
Mini Stumbler

Postby Barry » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:53 am

Is it a supported card?
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Postby Dutch » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:02 am

greenghost wrote:Hi,

i tried to install the newest version of sandisks WiFi+256MB driver and after this ministubler does not show any accesspoints. Hardreset an installation of any old driver does not fix anything.

Has anyone any idea?

Here's some ideas :

A) Did you check the MiniStumbler documentation, to see if your device is a supported device ?

B) Also, be sure to check the MiniStumbler documentation, as there is a list of supported devices there.

C) And my last advice on this matter, would be to see if the device is supported by MiniStumbler. You can find that information in the included MiniStumbler documentation.

Any one of the options above should be able to help you.

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Postby greenghost » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:18 am

Dutch wrote:Here's some ideas :

A) Did you check the MiniStumbler documentation, to see if your device is a supported device ?
YES!
Dutch wrote:B) Also, be sure to check the MiniStumbler documentation, as there is a list of supported devices there.
IT IS SUPPORTED!
Dutch wrote:C) And my last advice on this matter, would be to see if the device is supported by MiniStumbler. You can find that information in the included MiniStumbler documentation.
IT IS Supported AND I READ THE INFORMATION!
Dutch wrote:Any one of the options above should be able to help you.
NO!
Dutch wrote:Dutch

green
greenghost
Mini Stumbler

Postby theprez98 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:26 am

greenghost wrote:YES!IT IS SUPPORTED!IT IS Supported AND I READ THE INFORMATION!NO!

green

Don't type in ALL CAPS unless you mean to yell, and if you mean to yell, don't do it to a moderator, because it's just not a generally good idea.

[color="White"](And most of the mods are old anyway, so they probably can't hear you) :p [/color]
[font="Courier New"]"\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";[/font]
theprez98

Postby Dutch » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:42 am

greenghost wrote:YES!IT IS SUPPORTED!IT IS Supported AND I READ THE INFORMATION!NO!

green

You must have read some alternate reality version of the MiniStumbler Documentation then.
"Sandisk" is not a word included anywhere in the readme file, in the list of SUPPORTED devices.
[Quote=MiniStumbler Documentation]
This version of MiniStumbler is known to work on HPC2000, PocketPC 3.0, PocketPC 2002 and Windows Mobile 2003.
The Proxim models 8410-WD and 8420-WD are known to work. The 8410-WD has also been sold as the Dell TrueMobile 1150, Compaq WL110, Avaya Wireless 802.11b PC Card, and others. Some of these cards do not come with drivers for Windows CE]

Now please inform me where in the above, the device you are using is mentioned.
Or better yet, find out what the difference between "supported" and "compatible" means.

Dutch
Warning. Warning.
Dutch

Postby greenghost » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:19 pm

Dear Dutch *kindly*
if you take a look at the Ministumbler-Forum-List, theres a old sticky topic called Cards that reportedly WORK w/MiniStumbler 0.4 and there's a post i just qoute here
sepker wrote:Hi everybody,

I've seen a lot of people on this site with the same problem I had... MiniStumbler doesnt work "well" with the sandisk 256MB SDIO+Wifi card.

I had the same symptoms like, only finding the first AP and then not finding any more... Also had it that it only saw AP's I was assosiated with and whatever else..

allthough I saw the sandisk wasnt officialy supported, I'm a stubborn and wanted to see WHY it didnt work.. I thought here should be a way since it DOES recognize the first AP or AP's i'm assosiated with...

I found a tool on wififofum.org that disables the WZC .. Guess what, the moment you disable WZC, the sandisk works PERFECTLY!

So now when I want to connect to a AP I just enable the WZC and soft-reboot... then when I'm in the car and wanna drive around, i disable the WZC, poke the PPC in the bum, and off I go... Haven't had a single moment since, that it didn't work....

You see it works and it worked on my ppc, too. But i tried a newer driver and theres nothing at any time.

Ehm, don't try getting me with rtfm!
greenghost
Mini Stumbler

Postby wrzwaldo » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:24 pm

greenghost wrote:Dear Dutch *kindly*
if you take a look at the Ministumbler-Forum-List, theres a old sticky topic called Cards that reportedly WORK w/MiniStumbler 0.4 and there's a post i just qoute here

You see it works and it worked on my ppc, too. But i tried a newer driver and theres nothing at any time.

Just because a couple people got it to work does not mean the results are repeatable! That's why the thread is called...

Cards that reportedly WORK w/MiniStumbler 0.4

not the "Cards that are known to work" thread! So does your card work now? Is it listed as "Known to work"? Sounds like you need to go RTFM!

Almost forgot...

Ehm!
wrzwaldo

Postby Dutch » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:03 am

greenghost wrote:Dear Dutch *kindly*

You still don't get the difference between "supported card" and "compatible card", do you ?

Let me spell it out for you then :

A SUPPORTED card is a card listed in the documentation, which is KNOWN to work ALL of the time.

A COMPATIBLE card is a card that MIGHT work, but not consistently, even when used on similar setups. A compatible card works depending on the phase of the moon, the number of rubber chickens sacrificed to the WiFi gods since the last time somebody posted a question about the card, the number of times your mom looked at you this month and thought to herself "I should have swallowed", as well as the current number of governmental employees who are 100 % honest.

Your card falls in the latter group.

So Ehm right back at you : GO RTFM!

Dutch
Warning. Warning.
Dutch

Postby streaker69 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:26 am

Dutch wrote:
A COMPATIBLE card is a card that MIGHT work, but not consistently, even when used on similar setups. A compatible card works depending on the phase of the moon, the number of rubber chickens sacrificed to the WiFi gods since the last time somebody posted a question about the card, the number of times your mom looked at you this month and thought to herself "I should have swallowed", as well as the current number of governmental employees who are 100 % honest.

Dutch

Moon Phase: Waxing Gibbous (95% full)

Number of rubber chickens: 1,932,234,452

His Mom's thoughts: Every damn day

Honest Gov Employees: 1 (Janitor@Federal Building in Boise Idaho, he was just hired).

I don't think the numbers are looking too good for this card to work.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Good thinking.!!!!!

Postby ronklo » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:45 am

If you think a "Supported" card is going to work ALL the time... you're sadly mistakin. Remember, this is not a perfect world.

I have a Sandisk 128 with wifi, not that that's the same, but the drive that automatically loaded from the included CD was for the wrong version OS. You've probably already done so, but use the driver from the Sandisk website.

Good luck.. hope my advise was sound, and not sarcastic BS.
ronklo
Mini Stumbler

Postby dragonsoldier69 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:11 pm

Hi there i have the same card as you. I bought it off ebay. i have uploaded the latetest drivers from san disk . I have had no problem on my IPAQ 3835 using the latest version of mini stumbler. I found that the sandisk config screen kept popping up after i loaded the card into the slot. I had to terminate the config screen to make mini stumbler work. After about 150 aps i have to save the results to a file. Hope this helps.
dragonsoldier69
Mini Stumbler

Postby brwrdrvr » Mon May 08, 2006 4:46 pm

dragonsoldier69 wrote:Hi there i have the same card as you. I bought it off ebay. i have uploaded the latetest drivers from san disk . I have had no problem on my IPAQ 3835 using the latest version of mini stumbler. I found that the sandisk config screen kept popping up after i loaded the card into the slot. I had to terminate the config screen to make mini stumbler work. After about 150 aps i have to save the results to a file. Hope this helps.

Good deal you signed up today. Now go to the Welcome Desk and read all the threads and posts there. Learn the proper use of the shift key before you post again.

Thank you
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

Postby Airstreamer » Mon May 08, 2006 9:17 pm

brwrdrvr wrote:Good deal you signed up today. Now go to the Welcome Desk and read all the threads and posts there. Learn the proper use of the shift key before you post again.

Thank you

/Pssst!
/Nudge, nudge.

Check the date.
"But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know.""

- Rudyard Kipling
Airstreamer

Postby Barry » Mon May 08, 2006 9:33 pm

Airstreamer wrote:/Pssst!
/Nudge, nudge.

Check the date.

Hahahahahahhahahahaha!!
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Next

Return to MiniStumbler