socket sdio 802.11b and xdaII ?

Questions and configuration information about the MiniStumbler software

socket sdio 802.11b and xdaII ?

Postby PyROm » Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:27 pm

Hi, has anyone got these working together?

Looked around and noticed that the socket wlan card was supported. When I load up ministumbler at the bottom it says ready, no wireless, gps off, 0.

Does this mean it hasnt detected my card? I have tried soft resetting etc, with no luck. I can connect to my own wlan without problems, and wififofum works.

Am new to "wardriving" and have been using wififofum for a few days, but am interested in using ministumbler as support for mapping what it finds looks better.

Thx
Robin
PyROm
Mini Stumbler

Postby cuban » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:26 pm

I am in the exact same boat you are. My Socketcom SDIO card says "no wireless" when I hit the play button, but I can get on my WLAN fine normally.
cuban
Mini Stumbler

Postby bigcalidave » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:03 am

Anyone know yet? I'm about to get a wifi SD card, and I want to know that I will be able to use ministumbler with it. That would be a huge convenience.

Dave
bigcalidave

Postby G8tK33per » Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:16 am

Had you searched, you would have found this. See #67.

http://www.netstumbler.org/showthread.php?t=10413

The MS README clearly states the supported oeprating systems, anything else is trial and error on your own or find something else to use.
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby bigcalidave » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:17 pm

Hey G8tK33per, I'm sure we are all really sick of losers like you. Find something else to do if you have nothing useful to say.

If you read that post you linked to, you would see that some people can make it work, and some are having problems. This thread, for instance, tells about how it is NOT working for some people. That's why I asked for an answer. I didn't ask for someone to point me to another thread where one person says they have it working, I'm looking for people that are actually interested in whether or not it works!! I'm sure there are other users out there who have the social skills to actually solve a problem, unlike you.

Build your post count somewhere else.

Specifically, some users report that the wifi SD card from sandisk works. Some say the one with the 256 mem doesn't work, but as I don't know the actual details, I can't figure out what the difference is.
Some users say the socket card works, but also there are people who can't make it happen...

Anyone ELSE have some information??

And yes, I have searched, morons like you are the ones who fill posts with useless crap that makes it hard to find real information.
bigcalidave

Postby streaker69 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:20 pm

bigcalidave wrote:Hey G8tK33per, I'm sure we are all really sick of losers like you. Find something else to do if you have nothing useful to say.

If you read that post you linked to, you would see that some people can make it work, and some are having problems. This thread, for instance, tells about how it is NOT working for some people. That's why I asked for an answer. I didn't ask for someone to point me to another thread where one person says they have it working, I'm looking for people that are actually interested in whether or not it works!! I'm sure there are other users out there who have the social skills to actually solve a problem, unlike you.

Build your post count somewhere else.

Specifically, some users report that the wifi SD card from sandisk works. Some say the one with the 256 mem doesn't work, but as I don't know the actual details, I can't figure out what the difference is.
Some users say the socket card works, but also there are people who can't make it happen...

Anyone ELSE have some information??

And yes, I have searched, morons like you are the ones who fill posts with useless crap that makes it hard to find real information.

Not wise, not wise at all..

See ya...
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby RedSector » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:22 pm

bigcalidave wrote:Hey G8tK33per, I'm sure we are all really sick of losers like you.
I sure as hell am not. G8tK33per makes my day.
Get thine ass into the Church
The Church of Wifi
RedSector
Mini Stumbler

Postby bigcalidave » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:38 pm

I don't really care. What, is he gonna ban my account? I'm hurt. I asked a question, and instead of answering it, he gives a "SEARCH" response. If that's all people have to do around here, It doesn't matter to me.
bigcalidave

Postby Thorn » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:40 pm

bigcalidave wrote:Hey G8tK33per, I'm sure we are all really sick of losers like you. Find something else to do if you have nothing useful to say.

See you in thirty days. Enjoy your vacation.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby RedSector » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:44 pm

Busy night, eh Thorn?
The Church of Wifi
RedSector
Mini Stumbler

Postby Rickjames5150 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:58 pm

Bullies, don't you have anything better to do? Why would you ban me? I've been reading these forums for a long time, I guess I don't read the news or off-topic sections where g8keeper always posts. I come here for answers and usually I can find what I'm looking for just by looking around, but in this case, I couldn't, so I asked a question. Great way to overreact, and to make it a waste of my time trying to learn something instead of sitting in the shadows and reading, hoping someone might just post the answer without the question being asked.

Thorn, I wasn't trying to offend one of your elite group of mods, but "try search" is the most worthless answer anyone can give in a forum. If it was a really ridiculous question like "how do I install MS on my PDA" then it's most likely something that you can actually find an answer to. My post was just trying to bring up a topic that had been left alone for a few weeks, and didn't have an answer.

Ban this account too, I'm not coming back to sit around and get trashed because I haven't made thousands of posts so everyone "knows" me.
Rickjames5150

Postby Thorn » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:59 pm

RedSector wrote:Busy night, eh Thorn?

Yeah. I've got to get some sleep. It's a good thing g8t gets in at Oh-dark-hundred.
Thorn
Thorn

Postby Thorn » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:17 pm

Rickjames5150 wrote: Why would you ban me?

Because when it's fighting between members, I can sometimes stop it. When you start in on the mods, you've already it the top end, and it can only go down hill from here. Besides, it was originally for 30 days. I was hoping that you would accept it, and that you wouldn't be so stupid as to come back as you've done and make an issue out of it.

Rickjames5150 wrote:Thorn, I wasn't trying to offend one of your elite group of mods, but "try search" is the most worthless answer anyone can give in a forum.

It's not so much as being offended, but I've never believed in "turning the cheek." Slap me once and you get a face full of knuckles.

Actually, "search" is probably one of the most useful answers.

Rickjames5150 wrote:Ban this account too...

Done.

bigcalidave
dscustoms@hotmail.com

Rickjames5150
rickjamessghost@gmail.com

Thorn
Thorn

Postby Rickjames5150 » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:42 pm

Please remove my email addresses from your post, what on earth would you post that for? This wasn't a personal attack, I tried to use the forums as designed, and when the search had already been done, it really seemed like a worthless answer. Go ahead, ban me for life, I'm not being stupid by making a big deal of it, I'm just stating MY side, where you all try to ban someone and post only your side of an issue.
Rickjames5150

Postby RedSector » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:47 pm

Rickjames5150 wrote:Please remove my email addresses from your post, what on earth would you post that for? This wasn't a personal attack, I tried to use the forums as designed, and when the search had already been done, it really seemed like a worthless answer. Go ahead, ban me for life, I'm not being stupid by making a big deal of it, I'm just stating MY side, where you all try to ban someone and post only your side of an issue.

"WAHHHHHHH My pussy hurts."
The Church of Wifi
RedSector
Mini Stumbler

Next

Return to MiniStumbler