Collected wish list for Network Stumbler

Questions and configuration information about the NetStumbler software

Postby CrabNumber76 » Fri May 04, 2007 2:39 pm

"So in the external script drop down, what flavor do I choose for a powershell script?" [color="Blue"]I don't think it matters[/color]
[color="MediumTurquoise"]drop down....[/color].

streaker69 wrote:Those of us that are serious Wardrivers choose to purchase the correct hardware and run the correct OS so that it runs properly, instead of moaning about non-compatible devices.

[color="Blue"]I was crabbing, not moaning and possibly drunk. (I don't remember)[/color]
That's quite the spoon you got there Phil ....
..uh, no thanks I don't need .... GAAAA! mfff.:eek:
CrabNumber76
Mini Stumbler

Postby goldfndr » Mon May 14, 2007 7:00 pm

4thMonkey wrote:I have one of the Crystalfontz 634 USB LCD's. After searching the script archive I found one for vbs to the LCD. Problem is, I bought the LCD before I did my proper research. The VBS script requires you to use the acomport.dll. The only legit way to get it requires you to pay $150.00 for the use of the dll. OUCH!

If you look at the [thread=12512]Master script[/thread], you'll see that the [post=184798]newest version[/post] has support for LCD Smartie that was inspired by the aforementioned script. No need to use acomport.dll (although I think I found a similar substitute when I was trying to implement this), and LCD Smartie is way more flexible.
For quickest response, catch me on IRC: #wigle
goldfndr

Postby C2KXDeaf » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:03 am

- Fully view about encryption (WEP, WPA (TKIP / AES), WPA2)

- estimated value for meter/metre (for example more dB signal = less m)

thanks
C2KXDeaf
Mini Stumbler

Postby Barry » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:08 am

C2KXDeaf wrote:- Fully view about encryption (WEP, WPA (TKIP / AES), WPA2)

thanks

You're joking right?
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Postby streaker69 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:09 am

C2KXDeaf wrote:- Fully view about encryption (WEP, WPA (TKIP / AES), WPA2)

thanks

Impossible, due to many factors.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby Barry » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:27 am

C2KXDeaf wrote:- [color="Red"]Fully view about encryption (WEP, WPA (TKIP / AES), WPA2)[/color]

thanks

For what Netstumbler was written for, encrypted, not encrypted works just fine. Who cares what type of encryption it has.
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Postby theprez98 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:20 am

Barry wrote:For what Netstumbler was written for, encrypted, not encrypted works just fine. Who cares what type of encryption it has.

Dutch has people convinced that teh WEPs can be cracked, so of course everyone is trying to find teh WEPs.
[font="Courier New"]"\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";[/font]
theprez98

Postby Airstreamer » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:11 am

Juntardia is upon us again...
"But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know.""

- Rudyard Kipling
Airstreamer

Postby Wolphin » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:32 am

The biggest thing I'm looking for, is the ability to triangulate the AP's location using multiple readings & GPS coordinates.

How much hould it cost to get that done, and how fast? - I'm not kidding, I like NetStumbler enough that I'm willing to pay some money to get that feature into it! Or could someone point me at a program that will do that for me.
Wolphin
Mini Stumbler

Postby streaker69 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:38 am

Wolphin wrote:The biggest thing I'm looking for, is the ability to triangulate the AP's location using multiple readings & GPS coordinates.

How much hould it cost to get that done, and how fast? - I'm not kidding, I like NetStumbler enough that I'm willing to pay some money to get that feature into it! Or could someone point me at a program that will do that for me.

I bet a forum search for triangulation will reveal several threads where this has already been discussed.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby Starpoint » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:51 am

Wolphin wrote:The biggest thing I'm looking for, is the ability to triangulate the AP's location using multiple readings & GPS coordinates.

Why would you need to know the EXACT location of an AP unless it was a rogue AP on your network and it was your job to hunt it down?
Against the run of the mill, static as it seems

We break the surface tension with our wild kinetic dreams
Curves and lines -- of grand designs...

Tonight's movie "Soylent Green" has been brought to you by our sponsor - Waste Management

My mind is like a Steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in most states
Starpoint

Postby Wolphin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:57 am

Starpoint wrote:Why would you need to know the EXACT location of an AP unless it was a rogue AP on your network and it was your job to hunt it down?

Mapping a large rural area. To know where there is APs w/o having to stop, use directional antennas to get a bearing, and having to repeat several times.
Wolphin
Mini Stumbler

Postby Starpoint » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:12 am

Wolphin wrote:Mapping a large rural area. To know where there is APs w/o having to stop, use directional antennas to get a bearing, and having to repeat several times.

Again, WHY do you need to know THE EXACT location? Are you trying to create a map where you have listed : SSID _______ is located at ______ Address
So you know who is who? what legitimate reason ?
Against the run of the mill, static as it seems

We break the surface tension with our wild kinetic dreams
Curves and lines -- of grand designs...

Tonight's movie "Soylent Green" has been brought to you by our sponsor - Waste Management

My mind is like a Steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in most states
Starpoint

Postby audit » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:19 am

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

That is all.
audit

Postby Wolphin » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:51 pm

Starpoint wrote:Again, WHY do you need to know THE EXACT location? Are you trying to create a map where you have listed : SSID _______ is located at ______ Address
So you know who is who? what legitimate reason ?

I don't need address location, but just on a map, mainly so I could generate them for WISPs to know where compeditors are located, especially for plotting interfearince levels.
Wolphin
Mini Stumbler

PreviousNext

Return to NetStumbler