Does netstumbler support bluetooth gps devices?

Questions and configuration information about the NetStumbler software

Does netstumbler support bluetooth gps devices?

Postby yongcalvin » Tue May 15, 2007 11:07 am

HI , i have a garmin bluetooth adapter which i tried it on using netstumbler. but i'm unable to have the latitude n longtitude display even though the gps status is quoted as listening . n also i have followed the configuration listed on netstumbler help file. does anyone know what is the problem?
yongcalvin
Mini Stumbler

Postby theprez98 » Tue May 15, 2007 11:22 am

yongcalvin wrote:HI , i have a garmin bluetooth adapter which i tried it on using netstumbler. but i'm unable to have the latitude n longtitude display even though the gps status is quoted as listening . n also i have followed the configuration listed on netstumbler help file. does anyone know what is the problem?

AFAIK it's not supported.
[font="Courier New"]"\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";[/font]
theprez98

Postby Dutch » Tue May 15, 2007 11:32 am

yongcalvin wrote:HI , i have a garmin bluetooth adapter which i tried it on using netstumbler. but i'm unable to have the latitude n longtitude display even though the gps status is quoted as listening . n also i have followed the configuration listed on netstumbler help file. does anyone know what is the problem?

Unless your BT GPS device A) provides a virtual comport on your computer, B) the virtual comport is set to the correct bps speed, and C) is set to NMEA, you can't use your BT GPS as input for NetStumbler.

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Postby wrzwaldo » Tue May 15, 2007 11:41 am

With your intermittent shift key you probably missed a capitol letter required in your configuration. It could also be a spelling issue in your config.
wrzwaldo

Postby brwrdrvr » Tue May 15, 2007 12:27 pm

wrzwaldo wrote:With your intermittent shift key you probably missed a capitol letter required in your configuration. It could also be a spelling issue in your config.

Would that be in the gpsd.conf file? ;)
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

Postby streaker69 » Tue May 15, 2007 12:38 pm

[quote="brwrdrvr"]Would that be in the gpsd.conf file? ]

No, it's in the Luser_init.brain file.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby Djzleite » Tue May 15, 2007 1:46 pm

I configured sucessefully my tomtom bluetooth gps to apear on Netstumbler, only had to config the bluetooth gps port wich was com7.
Used fujitsu amilo si 1520, asus wl500gp and the internal bluetooth from the laptop, after testing i forgot my gps out of the window and it rained a lot that night, in the morning i opened the window and there it was, turned on and was working :D
Lovely software to analise networks and see the signals, i must read more because there´s some other softwares wich work with Netstumbler
Djzleite
Mini Stumbler

Postby streaker69 » Tue May 15, 2007 5:21 pm

Djzleite wrote:I configured [color="Red"]sucessefully[/color] my tomtom bluetooth gps to apear on Netstumbler, only had to config the bluetooth gps port [color="Red"]wich[/color] was com7.
Used fujitsu amilo si 1520, asus wl500gp and the internal bluetooth from the laptop, after testing i forgot my gps out of the window and it rained a lot that night, in the morning i opened the window and there it was, turned on and was working :D
Lovely software to [color="Red"]analise[/color] networks and see the signals, i must read more because there´s some other softwares [color="Red"]wich[/color] work with Netstumbler

There ain't much point in looking at Signal's since you're using an unsupported card.

You also should run immediately to the Welcome Desk and read all the posts there so that you don't make similar mistakes in the future.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby yongcalvin » Wed May 16, 2007 3:19 am

Thanks dutch.. i miss out on the protocol type. u were right. i should set it to nmea. thanks
yongcalvin
Mini Stumbler

Postby fregniacciaro » Wed May 16, 2007 4:46 am

yongcalvin wrote:Thanks dutch.. i miss out on the protocol type. u were right. i should set it to nmea. thanks

http://netstumbler.org/showthread.php?t=12814
When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today, I'm gonna read it to you.

Rompipalle della Chiesa del WiFi
SHAMELESS PLUG!

"Are you trying to irritate my colon ? Because if you are, I'll shit all over you in such a way you'll end up in a sanatorium, never to be heard from again."
--Dutch
fregniacciaro

Return to NetStumbler