I have a interesting Config Question. If Posible

Questions and configuration information about the NetStumbler software

Postby brwrdrvr » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:06 pm

theprez98 wrote:Sounds like he needs the ORiNetsys Silver Gold Combo with the Prithermes chipset (and the Proxlink drivers).




HAHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

/Guy next to my office comes in and sees me rolling on the floor laughing. Shakes his head and walks away.


HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
User avatar
brwrdrvr
 
Posts: 3381
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:26 pm
Location: Capitol City, Louisiana

Postby wolvorine4 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:53 pm

I love your signature...

I needed that. Funny as hell.
wolvorine4
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:45 am
Location: Philly, PA

Postby wrzwaldo » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:38 pm

wolvorine4 wrote:I have all 3 now (NetStumbler, Kismet and Wireshark) and the AirPcap Adapter is on the way...
Its just what I was looking for... (Talked with the Company Tech)

With everything it can do, Its worth $200... not to mention It can find my Laptop...


Yeah, let us know how that works out for you. You are not the first to come here asking about finding their "stolen" computer. :rolleyes:

You are assuming...

1) The internal wifi has not been disabled.

2) The MAC has not been spoofed.

3) You will actually get within range to find it...

How's that $200 looking now?
wrzwaldo
 
Posts: 8995
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:43 pm

Postby streaker69 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:00 pm

wrzwaldo wrote:Yeah, let us know how that works out for you. You are not the first to come here asking about finding their "stolen" computer. :rolleyes:

You are assuming...

1) The internal wifi has not been disabled.

2) The MAC has not been spoofed.

3) You will actually get within range to find it...

How's that $200 looking now?


4) Triangulating it's exact location

5) Proving to the LEO's that it's actually yours (possession is 9/10's the law)
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
User avatar
streaker69
 
Posts: 11867
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:09 am
Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby Barry » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:06 pm

Damn I'm impressed. A $7000 laptop that isn't a Mac!
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
User avatar
Barry
 
Posts: 5713
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:10 pm
Location: Ohio

Postby streaker69 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:08 pm

Barry wrote:Damn I'm impressed. A $7000 laptop that isn't a Mac!


Yep, there's one born every minute.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
User avatar
streaker69
 
Posts: 11867
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:09 am
Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby Barry » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:15 pm

streaker69 wrote:Yep, there's one born every minute.

Dude got ripped off. A fully maxed out Macbook Pro is only $3474.
* 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
* 3GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 1x2GB, 1x1GB
* 200GB Serial ATA Drive @ 4200 rpm
* SuperDrive 8x (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
* MacBook Pro 17-inch Widescreen Display
* Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
* Accessory Kit
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
User avatar
Barry
 
Posts: 5713
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:10 pm
Location: Ohio

Postby Dutch » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:26 pm

Barry wrote:Dude got ripped off. A fully maxed out Macbook Pro is only $3474.
* 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
* 3GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 1x2GB, 1x1GB
* 200GB Serial ATA Drive @ 4200 rpm
* SuperDrive 8x (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
* MacBook Pro 17-inch Widescreen Display
* Backlit Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
* Accessory Kit

Yeah, but thats before you add all the optional Macbook Pro addons (or should that be iOns ??!).

You know, the iPod, the iPaq, the iPhone, the iWife, the iDog, and last but not least, the iTard. You'll be way past 50K USD before you're got a fully featured MacBook Pro.

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
User avatar
Dutch
 
Posts: 6698
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: City of Mermaids, Denmark

Postby Barry » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:34 pm

Dutch wrote:Yeah, but thats before you add all the optional Macbook Pro addons (or should that be iOns ??!).

You know, the iPod, the iPaq, the iPhone, the iWife, the iDog, and last but not least, the iTard. You'll be way past 50K USD before you're got a fully featured MacBook Pro.

Dutch

I already have an iPod, iDogs, iWife, don't need no stinking iTards, and I'm still bitter about the iPhone...
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
User avatar
Barry
 
Posts: 5713
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:10 pm
Location: Ohio

Postby Dutch » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:37 pm

Barry wrote:I already have an iPod, iDogs, iWife, don't need no stinking iTards, and I'm still bitter about the iPhone...

Well, then you know about the associated costs.. And you know that "Knowing is half the battle...."

Waits for the inevitable.....

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
User avatar
Dutch
 
Posts: 6698
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:00 pm
Location: City of Mermaids, Denmark

Postby beakmyn » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:56 pm

The iDon'tgiveashit it's still overpriced and if you should buy some damn iinsurance or invest in laptop lojack or run a S.E.T.I client. I thought I paid too much when I spent 2 grand on my laptop (4 years ago).

Your chances of finding the laptop turned on and in range seem very small unless you livie in a town of 100 people or you have an idea where it's already at/who stole it.

Most stolen laptops are pawned or sold very soon after being stolen.
beakmyn
 
Posts: 4858
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 1:53 pm

Postby Barry » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:12 pm

Dutch wrote:Well, then you know about the associated costs.. And you know that "Knowing is half the battle...."

Waits for the inevitable.....

Dutch

[color="White"].....[/color]
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
User avatar
Barry
 
Posts: 5713
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:10 pm
Location: Ohio

Postby Airstreamer » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:05 pm

beakmyn wrote:The iDon'tgiveashit it's still overpriced and if you should buy some damn iinsurance or invest in laptop lojack or run a [color="Red"]S.E.T.I[/color] client. I thought I paid too much when I spent 2 grand on my laptop (4 years ago).

Your chances of finding the laptop turned on and in range seem very small unless you livie in a town of 100 people or you have an idea where it's already at/who stole it.

Most stolen laptops are pawned or sold very soon after being stolen.

Damn. I don't think they'd be real interested in getting involved in the pc recovery business, but on the other hand? Maybe that would make for an attractive incentive to put some more CPU cycles online!

(Help us look for ET and if your PC ever gets stolen, we can help find it!):cool:
"But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know.""

- Rudyard Kipling
User avatar
Airstreamer
 
Posts: 2703
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:26 pm
Location: A little North of Reason

Postby Barry » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:49 pm

Airstreamer wrote:Damn. I don't think they'd be real interested in getting involved in the pc recovery business, but on the other hand? Maybe that would make for an attractive incentive to put some more CPU cycles online!

(Help us look for ET and if your PC ever gets stolen, we can help find it!):cool:



I think someone got their laptop back recently because their laptop was running a seti at home client and was sending back data units. The guy gave the police the ip's and they got the address from the isp.

Clicky
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
User avatar
Barry
 
Posts: 5713
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:10 pm
Location: Ohio

Postby Dodge34 » Wed May 02, 2007 4:55 am

Is there any news about your stolen laptop, I hope so for you, I know how much it is valuable, the 7000$ is not only money but hard work stored on the hard drive, pictures, videos and memories can't be replaced, a laptop can but the content of it can't if no backup is made.
Dodge34
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:42 am

PreviousNext

Return to NetStumbler

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron