Microsoft Streets & Trips

Questions and configuration information about the NetStumbler software

Postby Scruge » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:53 am

The plan was to add MSST support to knsgem.

But after playing around with MSST it looks like one should be able to import the CSV data knsgem produces in the Wigle folder.
1. Open MSST
2. Click Data then select Import
3. Select file type as "CSV"
4. Steer file browser to knsgem\wigle folder
5. Select the CSV file you want to import
6. In the import wizard select the Lat and Long headings you want to use. There will be several to pick from Best, Min and Max. Use the Best set.
7. click finish

If this isn't sufficent let me know.
Scruge

Postby MidnightSkulker » Wed May 02, 2007 12:04 am

This may have been posted before by others, but this is my experience. I did a summary export from NetStumbler. I then used Street Stumbler to import the unmodified .ns1 file. After conversion, and adding a .txt extension to the filename, I imported into MSST 2007 and edited out the columns I didn't need or want. It imported all the records without trouble, and they came up on the map easily. YMMV, but worked for me.

-- All hail Mark Bernay, Joe Engrissa, Cap'n Crunch. The pioneers of the bunch who taught the rest of us. :-)
MidnightSkulker

Postby deadwood » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:32 pm

PureEvil wrote:Howdy...

Long time reader / researcher, first time poster.

First off, I'm not going to state that I'm the smartest man in the room, but I'm not stupid either. Ive been reading and searching through the post here for a good month (honest to god), but I've finally gotten to a point were I have to ask. Does anything on this site work with windows other than Netstumbler itself? Ive searched google all day long, and this site and never find anything useful. It always someone asking the same question, and ten people who must be way smarter than everyone else stating "DO THE SEARCH"... Maybe my searching skills suck, Im not sure, I'm guessing its true because Ive yet to find anything "Helpful". Ive found 100's if not 1000's of threads with people getting blasted because they (I guess) appear to be stupid.

My question is simple. Is there a program for windows, that will convert NS1 files so they can be used with Microsoft Streets & Trips. I dont use linux, I dont activally use Perl. Im not asking for someone to do it for me, Im just hoping to see an honest answer to the question, or a link to an answer... I can read and will if the information can be found...

I have tried the following with no luck. (none of which seem to work)
phpStumblerParser
Stumbverter
Streetstumbler

Thanks in advance for your time and any real help...

phpStumblerParser requires a summary file, as stated on the main page of the site.... So if you simply followed the link that says:

"IMPORTANT: phpStumblerParser will only convert NetStumbler Summary files, to find out how to create a NetStumbler Summary file click here"

You would have had no problems.
phpStumblerParser - Generates files suitable for importing into Mapping products from NetStumbler summary files.
deadwood
Mini Stumbler

Postby Airstreamer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:37 pm

deadwood wrote:phpStumblerParser requires a summary file, as stated on the main page of the site.... So if you simply followed the link that says:

"IMPORTANT: phpStumblerParser will only convert NetStumbler Summary files, to find out how to create a NetStumbler Summary file click here"

You would have had no problems.

You also will have less problems if you pay attention to the date that the last message was posted...
"But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know.""

- Rudyard Kipling
Airstreamer

Postby MikeP928 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:00 pm

deadhead wrote:blah, blah, blah

Deadhead.........Zombie Alert.

Yeah, they go together. Hell, he is even a week late for the full moon.

They must be getting through the timers.

Or just purge inactive members.

MikeP
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
MikeP928

Postby brwrdrvr » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:45 am

I feel like a Micheal Jackson video will break out on my monitor at any second now. :(
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

Postby streaker69 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:53 am

brwrdrvr wrote:I feel like a Micheal Jackson video will break out on my monitor at any second now. :(

Here ya go.

YouTube - Michael Jackson-Black Or White
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby brwrdrvr » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:24 am

I was actually thinking more of this one. It seems to go with the theme of a zombie revival. :D

YouTube - Michael Jackson-Thriller
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

Postby streaker69 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:26 am

brwrdrvr wrote:I was actually thinking more of this one. It seems to go with the theme of a zombie revival. :D

YouTube - Michael Jackson-Thriller

Well, I just figured you were a fan of the great ambiguous one.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby brwrdrvr » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:55 am

streaker69 wrote:Well, I just figured you were a fan of the great ambiguous one.

I used to be a LONG time ago. Before everyone figured out he was weird. When we all thought wearing one white glove was cool. Man I tell you, I smoked too much wacky weed back then. Of course I am not ashamed to admit it. I wore red parachute pants and had a weird haircut back then too. :D
brwrdrvr

Postby Barry » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:58 am

brwrdrvr wrote:I used to be a LONG time ago. Before everyone figured out he was weird. When we all thought wearing one white glove was cool. Man I tell you, I smoked too much wacky weed back then. Of course I am not ashamed to admit it. I wore red parachute pants and had a weird haircut back then too. :D

So that's what happened to your hair! Too much mousse!
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Postby Thorn » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:25 am

brwrdrvr wrote:I used to be a LONG time ago. Before everyone figured out he was weird. When we all thought wearing one white glove was cool. Man I tell you, I smoked too much wacky weed back then. Of course I am not ashamed to admit it. I wore red parachute pants and had a weird haircut back then too. :D
Dammit, now streaker will be back on his Hammer Time kick. :p
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby beakmyn » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:51 am

streaker69 wrote:Well, I just figured you were a fan of the great ambiguous one.

Dude, you can check this out this out on UrbanLegends.com and Snopes.com if you want but I just found out Michael Jackson is a man and an African American! No, no it's true. That is like so weird.
beakmyn

Postby fregniacciaro » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:44 am

brwrdrvr wrote: Of course I am not ashamed to admit it. I wore red parachute pants and had a weird haircut back then too. :D

Pics or it didn't happen. No p-chopping, I promise! :D
When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today, I'm gonna read it to you.

Rompipalle della Chiesa del WiFi
SHAMELESS PLUG!

"Are you trying to irritate my colon ? Because if you are, I'll shit all over you in such a way you'll end up in a sanatorium, never to be heard from again."
--Dutch
fregniacciaro

Postby bobfunland » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:55 am

[SIZE="7"][color="Red"]BBBRRAAINNNSSS!!![/color][/SIZE]
[MARQUEE][BLINK]Space Bison: Exploring the Universe[/BLINK][/MARQUEE]
bobfunland

Previous

Return to NetStumbler