NetStumbler 0.4 available, finally

Questions and configuration information about the NetStumbler software

Postby ZhiZaki » Mon May 03, 2004 1:01 am

Hey, first time posting, I downloading 0.4, very happy.
I tried it out with 3 wireless cards, A Linksys WPC11 802.11b, WMP11 (PCI) 802.11b, and a Netgear WG511-T. As most of you, should, know the linksys has a prism2 chipset and the netgear an aethros chipset. All 3 worked perfectly. While I did pick up more APs with my WPC11 than the WG511-T both work great. Before I could only scan one or two APs before stumbler would close/crash/whatever. Now I have 200+ AP list and still growing. One thing I noticed is if you have Auto-Configure on you can't connect to a network until you either stop scanning or close the program. I'm still tinkering. I'll report more on my findings later. Thanks
There is a whole world out there you can't see, but does that make it not exist?
ZhiZaki
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:42 am
Location: Austin, Tx

Postby Redman247 » Mon May 03, 2004 1:35 am

That is a feature of 0.4, not a flaw. As the software was only intended for you to find the networks. And no, there is no way to turn it off.
BastardCard Bastardize the possibilities....
Accepted in over 187 countries as a way to tell others to shut the hell up! BastardCard, not just another card, it's a way of life!
User avatar
Redman247
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:12 am
Location: Mannhiem, Germany

Postby ZhiZaki » Mon May 03, 2004 8:56 am

I wasn't saying it was a flaw or not. I was just stating it was different from the last release which you would/could connect to a network. But it does kinda make it just a wee bit more work when locating free wireless networks. I actually like the feature. I prefer the anonymity it provides me as a wardriver.
There is a whole world out there you can't see, but does that make it not exist?
ZhiZaki
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:42 am
Location: Austin, Tx

Postby wrzwaldo » Mon May 03, 2004 10:12 am

ZhiZaki wrote:Hey, first time posting, I downloading 0.4, very happy.
I tried it out with 3 wireless cards, A Linksys WPC11 802.11b, WMP11 (PCI) 802.11b, and a Netgear WG511-T. As most of you, should, know the linksys has a prism2 chipset and the netgear an aethros chipset. All 3 worked perfectly. While I did pick up more APs with my WPC11 than the WG511-T both work great. Before I could only scan one or two APs before stumbler would close/crash/whatever. Now I have 200+ AP list and still growing. One thing I noticed is if you have Auto-Configure on you can't connect to a network until you either stop scanning or close the program. I'm still tinkering. I'll report more on my findings later. Thanks


That depends on what version of linksys you have. V4 is realtek.
wrzwaldo
 
Posts: 8995
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:43 pm

Postby ZhiZaki » Tue May 04, 2004 7:52 am

Just to clairify, it's a WPC11 v2.7
There is a whole world out there you can't see, but does that make it not exist?
ZhiZaki
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:42 am
Location: Austin, Tx

Postby GroundZero3 » Sun May 09, 2004 9:45 am

KUDOS on the new netstumbler!

i love the speed transmission and the ip/subnet section!
GroundZero3
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 10:48 am
Location: Yorktown, Va

Postby teitoku » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:48 pm

So....um...
Where am I supposed to find 0.3.30 now? Can't use the new version at all.
teitoku
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:37 pm

Postby wrzwaldo » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:48 am

teitoku wrote:So....um...
Where am I supposed to find 0.3.30 now? Can't use the new version at all.


Try http://www.michiganwireless.org/

While you are there getting something you need stop by and use the donate button. Otherwise this resource will vanish.
wrzwaldo
 
Posts: 8995
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:43 pm

Postby CyberSEAL » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:51 pm

Can anyone tell me where to download? The link isn't working...
CyberSEAL
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Postby theprez98 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:52 pm

CyberSEAL wrote:Can anyone tell me where to download? The link isn't working...


http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/
[font="Courier New"]"\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";[/font]
User avatar
theprez98
 
Posts: 3638
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:23 pm
Location: Maryland

Postby streaker69 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:52 pm

CyberSEAL wrote:Can anyone tell me where to download? The link isn't working...


Download what? If you're replying to a previous post in a thread, please use the Quote button so that we know what you're talking about.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
User avatar
streaker69
 
Posts: 11867
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:09 am
Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby wrzwaldo » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:32 pm

CyberSEAL wrote:Can anyone tell me where to download? The link isn't working...



You talking about this link?

http://www.netstumbler.org/showpost.php?p=93478&postcount=53

Just worked fine for me.
wrzwaldo
 
Posts: 8995
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:43 pm

Postby CyberSEAL » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:38 am

streaker69 wrote:Download what? If you're replying to a previous post in a thread, please use the Quote button so that we know what you're talking about.


Obviously I'm talking about NetStumbler, since that's what the thread is about...

:rolleyes:
CyberSEAL
Mini Stumbler
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Postby King_Ice_Flash » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:12 am

CyberSEAL wrote:Obviously I'm talking about NetStumbler, since that's what the thread is about...

:rolleyes:

Well, anyone who goes to http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads can download it.
"Yeah," said a voice from under the table, "you go to pieces so fast people get hit by the shrapnel."
User avatar
King_Ice_Flash
 
Posts: 2658
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 11:00 am
Location: WI

Postby Scruge » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:13 am

CyberSEAL wrote:Obviously I'm talking about NetStumbler, since that's what the thread is about...

:rolleyes:


Then obviously you haven't read to many threads around here or ya'd know they don't stay on topic. :p
User avatar
Scruge
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:29 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NetStumbler

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron