Realtime Mapping

Questions and configuration information about the NetStumbler software

Realtime Mapping

Postby ScottishCaptain » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:00 pm

Greetings to all.

Does such software exist that would allow one to view the WLAN Mapping stats from Netstumbler and a GPS?

Kismac (Mac OS X) has such a feature, and I believe these days also pulls maps right off Google Earth and saves them for the duration of use. It'll also map WLAN networks in realtime and overlay a nice graphic representation of the signal radius and strength.

I'm looking for something that I can have running so I can see what's being detected as it's detected.

Cheers!
-SC
ScottishCaptain
Mini Stumbler

Postby wrzwaldo » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:12 pm

ScottishCaptain wrote:Greetings to all.

Does such software exist that would allow one to view the WLAN Mapping stats from Netstumbler and a GPS?

Kismac (Mac OS X) has such a feature, and I believe these days also pulls maps right off Google Earth and saves them for the duration of use. It'll also map WLAN networks in realtime and overlay a nice graphic representation of the signal radius and strength.

I'm looking for something that I can have running so I can see what's being detected as it's detected.

Cheers!
-SC

Do ya think? :rolleyes:

Search much (realtime mapping)?
wrzwaldo

Postby theprez98 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:30 pm

ScottishCaptain wrote:Greetings to all.

Cheers!
-SC

A good % of the messages on this forum are devoted to just that.

Try here.
[font="Courier New"]"\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";[/font]
theprez98

Postby ScottishCaptain » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:50 pm

Okay, so I've searched the forums.

I have MapPoint 2006 installed on my handheld. And I'm hoping that someone might give me a useful answer this time.

Am I looking for TrackNS, or stumble-map-track?

I would like to have MP06 track my location in realtime, as well as plotting the AP's I've found. After sorting through many pages of forum posts, I've found several files, a bunch of broken links and a little bit of suggestion that one or two of the scripts might do real-time plotting.

Or is it some other post buried deep within these forums? It would be nice to have a page setup for realtime mapping with all these "scripts" in a singular place.

-SC
ScottishCaptain
Mini Stumbler

Postby wrzwaldo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:17 pm

ScottishCaptain wrote:Okay, so I've searched the forums.

I have MapPoint 2006 installed on my handheld. And I'm hoping that someone might give me a useful answer this time.

Am I looking for TrackNS, or stumble-map-track?

I would like to have MP06 track my location in realtime, as well as plotting the AP's I've found. After sorting through many pages of forum posts, I've found several files, a bunch of broken links and a little bit of suggestion that one or two of the scripts might do real-time plotting.

Or is it some other post buried deep within these forums? It would be nice to have a page setup for realtime mapping with all these "scripts" in a singular place.

-SC

Hmmmmm?

Search "realtime mapping", open the 2nd return and follow the clues.
wrzwaldo

Postby Barry » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:36 pm

Does streets and trips on a pocket pc even support that function??
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Postby G8tK33per » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:43 pm

ScottishCaptain wrote:I have MapPoint 2006 installed on my handheld.

That's one bitchin' handheld. I bet my handheld holds more...
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby ScottishCaptain » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:25 pm

Would it? :)

Mine's an Oqo 01+. 1ghz/512mb/30GB. Apparently one of the last few 01+'s to make it out alive, now that the 02's out.

-SC
ScottishCaptain
Mini Stumbler

Return to NetStumbler