Ad-hoc

Ad-hoc

Postby dister520 » Wed May 05, 2004 4:13 pm

I recently ran the new ns, and it worked great i found about 20 ap's, but my question is. What would be a possible reason for using a ad-hoc connection, which ns detects.

If reading material is provided that would be great

:eek:

Thanks
D
dister520
Mini Stumbler

Postby G8tK33per » Wed May 05, 2004 4:16 pm

dister520 wrote:I recently ran the new ns, and it worked great i found about 20 ap's, but my question is. What would be a possible reason for using a ad-hoc connection, which ns detects.

Thanks
D
Read THIS
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby wrzwaldo » Wed May 05, 2004 5:31 pm

dister520 wrote:I recently ran the new ns, and it worked great i found about 20 ap's, but my question is. What would be a possible reason for using a ad-hoc connection, which ns detects.

Thanks
D

Well if it don't belong to you or you do not have permission then there is no reason to use it.
wrzwaldo

Postby fordem » Wed May 05, 2004 6:52 pm

Thanks
D

This is basic wireless setup. An ad-hoc configuration is used when there is no access point - if an access point is used, the configuration is described as "infrastructure"

For reading material see your wireless card manual - it's in there.
fordem

Postby fregniacciaro » Thu May 06, 2004 6:34 am

When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today, I'm gonna read it to you.

Rompipalle della Chiesa del WiFi
SHAMELESS PLUG!

"Are you trying to irritate my colon ? Because if you are, I'll shit all over you in such a way you'll end up in a sanatorium, never to be heard from again."
--Dutch
fregniacciaro

Return to Newbie Bin