Best Internal Antenna?

Best Internal Antenna?

Postby mlong30 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:50 am

Hi All,

I'm in the market for new network card for my laptop. I need to have one that will allow me to hookup a external antenna. I believe Buffalo, and Proxim are the major players. I wanted to know, between the two, who has the best internal antenna range?

Thanks.

Matt
mlong30
Mini Stumbler

Postby theprez98 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:55 am

mlong30 wrote:Hi All,

I'm in the market for new network card for my laptop. I need to have one that will allow me to hookup a external antenna. I believe Buffalo, and Proxim are the major players. I wanted to know, between the two, who has the best internal antenna range?

Thanks.

Matt

Range is determined by numerous variables, to include, the power output and sensitivity of the card, the placement of the antenna, the material makeup of your house, and the power, sensitivty and distance of the AP you're connecting to. Perhaps if you included the information for these variables as well as what you're trying to accomplish, we can help you find a better answer.
[font="Courier New"]"\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";[/font]
theprez98

Postby brwrdrvr » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:03 am

Step one:
Enter search string into the forum's search box. Like this "Define your needs" "Card Best range". Without the quotes of course.

Step Two: Read all the threads, there might be an answer for you in there.

You have been around since 2003 and have not left the Newbie Lounge yet? That is a very disturbing thought.
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

Return to Newbie Bin