compiling

compiling

Postby cross_syd » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:22 pm

Hi. I have some question about compiling software, please help me.

1.I don't know about coding and programming, so can someone tell me how to compile software in windows? I know compiling is make the human language turn into machine language, but what software used to make that translation? and is it just simple that paste the code into software and run the compiler?
i'm actually trying to compile aircrack, for windows. Do you know where can i find the source code? (is it a text file?). And aircrack written in c so i can only use c compiler am i correct?

2.I downloaded driver for linksys wpc11 pcmcia wireless card. I read the tutorial for flash linksys card firmware, in order to put it into monitor mode so i can capture traffic for wep cracking. It asked me to flash it using winupdate with driver version 2.5, but i got driver 4.0. Is that better and i use it, or i have to stick with 2.5? I downloaded driver from linksys website, so it mean linksys wrote driver support monitor mode for wireless card, i.e i dont have to download special driver, am i correct? if so, how do i switch my linksys to monitor mode

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=prism2_flashing

I'm trying to gain understanding about wireless networking. Please help me so i can help myself and other.
Yours sincerely,
cross_syd
Mini Stumbler

Postby streaker69 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:24 pm

cross_syd wrote:Hi. I have some question about compiling software, please help me.

1.I don't know about coding and programming, so can someone tell me how to compile software in windows? I know compiling is make the human language turn into machine language, but what software used to make that translation? and is it just simple that paste the code into software and run the compiler?
i'm actually trying to compile aircrack, for windows. Do you know where can i find the source code? (is it a text file?). And aircrack written in c so i can only use c compiler am i correct?

2.I downloaded driver for linksys wpc11 pcmcia wireless card. I read the tutorial for flash linksys card firmware, in order to put it into monitor mode so i can capture traffic for wep cracking. It asked me to flash it using winupdate with driver version 2.5, but i got driver 4.0. Is that better and i use it, or i have to stick with 2.5? I downloaded driver from linksys website, so it mean linksys wrote driver support monitor mode for wireless card, i.e i dont have to download special driver, am i correct? if so, how do i switch my linksys to monitor mode

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=prism2_flashing

I'm trying to gain understanding about wireless networking. Please help me so i can help myself and other.
Yours sincerely,

If you don't even know the absolute basics of what you're asking then you have absolutely no business attempting to crack wep.

Now why don't you run along and play with something that is more your speed, like Legos, oh wait, they might even be too advanced.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby Dutch » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:40 pm

Another day, another Aussie to braindead to do anything but drink Forsters...

Binned.
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Return to Newbie Bin