Incomplete Status Message

Incomplete Status Message

Postby Willing Helper » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:11 pm

As soon as I plug in my WG511T, Status line changes from: No wireless adapter found - to: The filename, directory name, or volume lable sy
and nothing else happens......
clues, config file changes or any other help?

TIA

Colin
Willing Helper
Mini Stumbler

Postby streaker69 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:13 pm

Willing Helper wrote:As soon as I plug in my WG511T, Status line changes from: No wireless adapter found - to: The filename, directory name, or volume lable sy

TIA

Colin

Canned Message #1: Unsupported hardware is bound to lead to undesirable results.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby brwrdrvr » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:09 pm

Willing Helper wrote:As soon as I plug in my WG511T, Status line changes from: No wireless adapter found - to: The filename, directory name, or volume lable sy

TIA

Colin

That's not a incomplete error message. That's exactly how it is supposed to look when using unsupported hardware. You have to use supported hardware to get the rest of the error message. :D
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

Postby beakmyn » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:42 pm

Hmm, could be unsupported hardware but the reason the text doesn't show is because you've run out of room on the statusbar to display it all. I can think of two ways to maybe see what the full message text is.

I'm just guessing here but there's a couple program that are intended to show the contents of a password textbox that is full of ***, but they may be able to get the handle of the statusbar and show you the contents of it.

Or try uninstalling and re-installing Netstumbler or use supported hardware.
beakmyn

Postby wrzwaldo » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:18 pm

TIA

Colin

Oh there's plenty happening.

Pop one off the stack and peek at the registers.
wrzwaldo

Return to Newbie Bin