is there any other program that works with SMC cards?

Postby fordem » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:48 am

Originally posted by King_Ice_Flash
DOH! you aren't supposed to tell him about the linux version that runs on windows that works on every single card out there, detects cloaked networks instantly, cracks WEP in half the time.

You mean this one?
Attachments
uberimage2.jpg
uberimage2.jpg (45.79 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
fordem

Postby peekitty » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:25 am

Originally posted by nashr
Is there a new beta? Here's my last beta screenshot:
D00d! Fluhrer, Mantin, and Shamir rox! Do you know where I can download their new CD?
peekitty

Re: List of supported cards

Postby Thorn » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:05 am

Originally posted by neutron13
Hi All
First I must agree stumbler is a great application and Marius has done a great job.

Up till now I was unaware of any list, I am just lucky to have access to a number of different cards though my work.
I would have thought that a site supporting would have said list at the top of the page or at least in the menu. ...

It's in the FAQ, it's in the FAQ threads, it's in the README.HTML that comes with NS and it's takes about 2 secinds to figure it out from searching.

Do we really need to post it someplace else for people to ignore? I thnk not.

Originally posted by neutron13
Hi All
If Thorn is refering to the paragraph in the FAQ I'm afraid it is far from comprehensive.

Version 0.3 works on:
Lucent Technologies WaveLAN/IEEE (Agere ORiNOCO) Dell TrueMobile 1150 Series (PCMCIA and mini-PCI) Avaya Wireless PC Card Toshiba Wireless LAN Card (PCMCIA and built-in) Compaq WL110 Cabletron/Enterasys Roamabout Elsa Airlancer MC-11 ARtem ComCard 11Mbps IBM High Rate Wireless LAN PC Card 1stWave 1ST-PC-DSS11IS, DSS11IG, DSS11ES, DSS11EG

I think that Brand and Model is insufficient after have a little fun with a Belkin F5D6020z (Most retailers believe this is just one type card) :-)
Perhaps we users could assist in compiling something better! I'm happy to contribute......

Neut

You are confusing "supported" with "it worked on my laptop for a while." The BELKIN is not supported. Take a look here.

As Mr. White put it so eloquently:
" ...
Keep this in mind when you search and see that some nipplehead bragging about how his Brand-X-not-on-the-list card works perfectly. In all likelyhood, he will be back asking why his card quit later. If it's not on the list, it's not guaranteed to work. ..."
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Previous

Return to Newbie Bin