M1710 Blues

M1710 Blues

Postby Whitedog » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:22 pm

I have a M1710 with the broadcom wireless net card which is incompatible with NS. I have only one ExpressCard slot which I might get some NS salvation. Could anyone recommend an ExpressCard which might be compatible with NS?
Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks,
WD
Whitedog
Mini Stumbler

Postby streaker69 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:39 pm

Whitedog wrote:I have a M1710 with the broadcom wireless net card which is incompatible with NS. I have only one ExpressCard slot which I might get some NS salvation. Could anyone recommend an ExpressCard which might be compatible with NS?
Any help would be appreciated!!
Thanks,
WD

God put the search function in forums for a reason, and it ain't because it looks pretty.

I'm fairly sure you haven't used it.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby renderman » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:00 pm

There are some USB PCMCIA /PC express adapters as well as PC express to PCMCIA adapters. Never tried any of them, but worth testing and letting the rest of us know.

Other option that is still unsupported is a USB adapter
renderman

Postby Whitedog » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:21 pm

Streaker69,
I used the search. Since you chimed in with a smart a** comment which has no contribution to the request to my inquiry, I challenge you.
You do a search and post any "significant info to my inquiry" that relates "specifically for my "M1710". I bet you can’t come up with one result that answers my inquiry. So put your money where your dirty mouth is and either put up or shut the F' up. Its jerks like you who make these forums a pain. Especially making jerk comments like that to boost your post #’s. I bet you’re a real benefit to this forum!

Renderman:
Thanks for your input. I found a ExpressCard on Flebay with the Atheros chipset that should do the trick. I can disable the Broadcom in the BIOS and still use my Buffalo WLI-U2-SG54HG to increase my range. I will post my progress with this combo when I get the card in.
Whitedog
Whitedog
Mini Stumbler

Postby streaker69 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:24 pm

Whitedog wrote:Streaker69,
I used the search. Since you chimed in with a smart a** comment which has no contribution to the request to my inquiry, I challenge you.
You do a search and post any "significant info to my inquiry" that relates "specifically for my "M1710". I bet you can’t come up with one result that answers my inquiry. So put your money where your dirty mouth is and either put up or shut the F' up. Its jerks like you who make these forums a pain. Especially making jerk comments like that to boost your post #’s. I bet you’re a real benefit to this forum!

Renderman:
Thanks for your input. I found a ExpressCard on Flebay with the Atheros chipset that should do the trick. I can disable the Broadcom in the BIOS and still use my Buffalo WLI-U2-SG54HG to increase my range. I will post my progress with this combo when I get the card in.
Whitedog

No, I did a search for ExpressCard, which returned several threads where this topic has been discussed at length.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby Thorn » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:43 pm

I used the search. <blah, blah, blah> I bet you’re a real benefit to this forum!
More so than you. Two week ban.

Binned.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby G8tK33per » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:29 pm

Renderman:
Whitedog
Damn, don't that sound familiar.

;-)
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Return to Newbie Bin