MS Streets & Trips GPS and an intro

MS Streets & Trips GPS and an intro

Postby Addict » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:14 am

Hey all. Been registered here for a while now. Been using NS for some time. Mostly just to check signal strengths and such.

Recently picked up a Garmin eTrex Legend GPS after some searching on the forums. Fine unit. Probably more than I needed, but I'm thinking of trying my hand at geocaching too. Hit about 350 APs last night on a short drive. Fed that into KNSGEM and presto. Instant pretty map. :)

I see that Amazon has the MS Streets & Trips '07 for $60 with the GPS unit. Seems like a really good deal to me (since I just paid $150 for my Garmin and still don't have a mapping app). Does anyone have any more info on the GPS unit itself? I know it'll work with NS (used that fancy search button) since it appears as a serial device (even via USB). I'm just curious as to how many channels it has, etc.. The MS site doesn't mention any of that. (link to site)

PS - Can you tell me how to crack WEP so I can hack my neighbors WiFi and setup a warez server?[SIZE="1"](j/k)[/SIZE]
Addict

Postby Starpoint » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:40 am

Addict wrote:Hey all. Been registered here for a while now. Been using NS for some time. Mostly just to check signal strengths and such.

Recently picked up a Garmin eTrex Legend GPS after some searching on the forums. Fine unit. Probably more than I needed, but I'm thinking of trying my hand at geocaching too. Hit about 350 APs last night on a short drive. Fed that into KNSGEM and presto. Instant pretty map. :)

I see that Amazon has the MS Streets & Trips '07 for $60 with the GPS unit. Seems like a really good deal to me (since I just paid $150 for my Garmin and still don't have a mapping app). Does anyone have any more info on the GPS unit itself? I know it'll work with NS (used that fancy search button) since it appears as a serial device (even via USB). I'm just curious as to how many channels it has, etc.. The MS site doesn't mention any of that. (link to site)

PS - Can you tell me how to crack WEP so I can hack my neighbors WiFi and setup a warez server?[SIZE="1"](j/k)[/SIZE]

I know you typed "j/k" but around here that kind of talk can and will get your banned. And NO I am not "J/K" ing..... :D
Against the run of the mill, static as it seems

We break the surface tension with our wild kinetic dreams
Curves and lines -- of grand designs...

Tonight's movie "Soylent Green" has been brought to you by our sponsor - Waste Management

My mind is like a Steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in most states
Starpoint

Postby theprez98 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:53 am

Addict wrote:Does anyone have any more info on the GPS unit itself? I know it'll work with NS (used that fancy search button) since it appears as a serial device (even via USB). I'm just curious as to how many channels it has, etc.. The MS site doesn't mention any of that.

Does not compute.
[font="Courier New"]"\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";[/font]
theprez98

Postby G8tK33per » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:10 am

Addict wrote:

Smartass. Enjoy the week's vacation, next time it's permanent.
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Return to Newbie Bin