Net stumbler crash problem...

Net stumbler crash problem...

Postby Maddyn » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:03 am

Hey all, having a bit of a problem with net stumbler, I'm on a dell inspiron 8600 with the truemobil 1300 mini pci wireless card. The problem I'm having is the app will just close its self when I walk to a certain physical area. What I think is happening is there are two access points on the same chanel, but I don't know why that would cause the app to crash or close its self out.

I can run it fine and look at the access point I use, but if I walk to the other end of the room with net stumbler running it will just close its self when I get to a certain point. And if I try and restart the program either at that point or further in the room, it will just automatically close again.

Why I think it may be another access point on the same chanel is because if I bring up the diagnostics for the card, it will list 2 networks for a second and then one will go away.

Anyways, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Maddyn
Mini Stumbler

SEARCH

Postby wrzwaldo » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:13 am

Looks like you hardware may not be supported. Have you read the FAQ's and done a search? Looks like this question has been asked before.

PS

If you were to do a search on "trumobil" make sure you spell it correctly.
wrzwaldo

Postby G8tK33per » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:20 am

G8tK33per

Postby audit » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:31 am

Check Here

and

Then Here

Can I have a second for a move to the Newbie Bin?
audit

Postby Chris » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:44 am

Originally posted by audit
Check Here

and

Then Here

Can I have a second for a move to the Newbie Bin?

Testify brother audit.
perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'
Chris

Postby G8tK33per » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:46 am

Like the song says..."movin' on uuuup, to the n00b bin..."

...adios!
G8tK33per

Postby audit » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:47 am

Originally posted by Chris
Testify brother audit.

OFF TO THE BIN IT GOES!

Thankya Brother Chris....
audit

Postby Maddyn » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:04 am

Then explain why it works fine at any other point in time? with many other APs. And yes I did search before and read all the other issues that people were having.

This is the first time that it's ever caused any problem, and I was mainly just posting this so that something could be done about it in future revisions of the program, and maybe get some intelligent discussion about it.

And for all the 3l33t users that seem to like to state their higher level of intelligence for everyone that posts on this forum, I'd just like to let you know I'm no n00b to computers.
Maddyn
Mini Stumbler

Postby G8tK33per » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:18 am

Well isn't that just fuckin' special. Let me tell you something genius...had you read the goddamn README-FUCKING-FILES you would have discovered that unsupported cards MAY work and MAY NOT. As a friend would say...get a goddamn clue you moronic throwback of evolution. Now that you're an expert on computers, genius, learn how to read the readme files and stop wasting people's time. Shoo....bitch.
G8tK33per

Postby audit » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:20 am

Originally posted by Maddyn
Then explain why it works fine at any other point in time? with many other APs. And yes I did search before and read all the other issues that people were having.

Your card is NOT supported and may never be, it's up to marius and if he puts support into the next release.

This is the first time that it's ever caused any problem, and I was mainly just posting this so that something could be done about it in future revisions of the program, and maybe get some intelligent discussion about it.

Marius will see this thread. You can also go visit his other site at http://www.stumbler.net and donate to the program via paypal. that may tend to help.

And for all the 3l33t users that seem to like to state their higher level of intelligence for everyone that posts on this forum, I'd just like to let you know I'm no n00b to computers.

Where did you see any of that? Each person on this board that replied are respected members and know what they are talking about. It annoys the hell out of them to see the same questions posted over and over again.
audit

Return to Newbie Bin