Small laptops , recomendations please.

Remain on topic

Postby Danny D » Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:18 am

I couldn't care less about the OS, please answer the questions asked !
Danny.
CorkWireless, Cork Ireland.
Danny D

Postby lincomatic » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:44 pm

$300 for a laptop? your only bet is used stuff. check ebay.
if size is so important why not get a pocketpc and use ministumbler instead. it's tiny and stays within your budget.
~lincomatic
lincomatic
Mini Stumbler

Postby cyr0n_k0r » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:36 am

just bought a Dell LS for $400 shipped.

P3 500
256mb ram
10gig HD

and its a super thin model. Under an inch when closed, and less than 3.5 pounds.

PM me and Ill give you the email to the guy (he has a lot more) if your interested.
cyr0n_k0r
Mini Stumbler

Postby ck3k » Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:40 am

Originally posted by cyr0n_k0r
just bought a Dell LS for $400 shipped.

P3 500
256mb ram
10gig HD

and its a super thin model. Under an inch when closed, and less than 3.5 pounds.

PM me and Ill give you the email to the guy (he has a lot more) if your interested.

I am interesting in this, how is the condition of the laptop itself? and what is the exact product thing.
ck3k

Postby hkelley » Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:34 am

To the original question...look for a used IBM X-series...X20, etc. Very small, light (3.6 lbs) and built to last. It has very good battery utilization unless you run it top speed with monitor turned up to maxium.

I use my X-21 all over the world to stumble and it has never failed me. This year it has earned a million-miler frequent flier status.
hkelley
Mini Stumbler

cheapy laptop

Postby JFleming006 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:57 pm

Compaq Armada M300 - pick'em up for under 300 depending on config.
JFleming006
Mini Stumbler

re small laptop

Postby bluze » Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:23 pm

I am using Libretto 110ct 266 mhz 32m ram machine. Small enough to fit in a large coat pocket. And 4-5 hour battery life. I paid 350 cdn for mine. And a Dell true mobile card. Works great. Ever warchalked the malls???? found more than a few open APs in there
bluze
Mini Stumbler

Re: re small laptop

Postby audit » Sun Feb 01, 2004 5:45 pm

Originally posted by bluze
Ever warchalked the malls???? found more than a few open APs in there

PLEASE tell me that's a typo and you didn't really ask if he warchalked the malls?

That is a myth and flame bait.
audit

Re: Re: re small laptop

Postby Chris » Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:08 pm

Originally posted by audit
[B]PLEASE tell me that's a typo and you didn't really ask if he warchalked the malls?

That is a myth and flame bait. [/B]

Like, ohmigod lol, we sooo warchalked the mall. It was, like, totally bitchin' lol. Like, lol, the only problem was, like ohmigod, getting my mom to let me put the mag mount on the roof when she, like lol, drove me there.
perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'
Chris

Re: Re: Re: re small laptop

Postby audit » Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:12 pm

Originally posted by Chris
Like, ohmigod lol, we sooo warchalked the mall. It was, like, totally bitchin' lol. Like, lol, the only problem was, like ohmigod, getting my mom to let me put the mag mount on the roof when she, like lol, drove me there.

Chris, remind me to smack you for this when I see you. Spraying coffee over my monitor is not my favorite thing to do when reading your replies. ;)
audit

Postby bluze » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:15 pm

Originally posted by Chris

Well let me tell you chris...when you start paying the bills..... shopping with the wife and kids is no joy.. ... so until then...grow up. And what the hell is the difference between warchalking the mall and any other place?
bluze
Mini Stumbler

Postby Thorn » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:24 pm

Well let me tell you chris...when you start paying the bills..... shopping with the wife and kids is no joy.. ... so until then...grow up. And what the hell is the difference between warchalking the mall and any other place?

The point is that no one, except a 13 year old, mall-rat / script-kiddie would even think that warchalking is real.

Unless of course, you are a tech journalist. I that case, it exists. Truly. And I have a bridge in Brooklyn you may be interested in purchasing.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby audit » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:27 pm

This isn't going to be pretty,

PUT THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN TO BED FOLKS, IT'S ABOUT TO GET HOT IN HERE.

bluze, you may want to get a clue before you try to put down a VERY well respected person of the Wireless community, a friend, and a respected author.

It sounds like unless your with the media, you need to grow up as warchalking is something the media made up. It's like the Lockness Monster, huge in the media but nobody's ever really seen it.

Untill then, go get a damn clue you moronic throwback of evolution.
audit

Postby bluze » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:31 pm

preaty???? what does preaty mean ??? lmao
bluze
Mini Stumbler

Postby Chris » Sun Feb 01, 2004 7:47 pm

Well let me tell you chris...when you start paying the bills..... shopping with the wife and kids is no joy.. ... so until then...grow up.

Yep, I am a 14 yr old script kiddie. Someday I hope to be able to pay the bills. One can only dream...<sigh>

And what the hell is the difference between warchalking the mall and any other place?

You nailed it....there is no difference. Warchalking isn't real.
perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'
Chris

Previous

Return to Newbie Bin