This is the NS forum, but you are the official support site for XXXX hard/software ?

KisMac With WG111 V2... ?

Postby loopowerbook » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:42 am

Hi everybody,

This is my first post here. After reading someone who said he could succeed to make Kismac run with the Netgear WG111 USB Dongle I bought one.
But impossible to make Kismac recognizes it...
The only way to make it alive is to put the Realtek RTL8187 Drivers but Kismac still don't want to enable PRISM 2 support and don't want to start scanning

Please if you have any idea help me I don't want to have waisted 30 euros for nothing :(

Thanks a lot

Louis
loopowerbook
Mini Stumbler

Postby Dutch » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:11 am

loopowerbook wrote:Hi everybody,

This is my first post here. After reading someone who said he could succeed to make Kismac run with the Netgear WG111 USB Dongle I bought one.
But impossible to make Kismac recognizes it...
The only way to make it alive is to put the Realtek RTL8187 Drivers but Kismac still don't want to enable PRISM 2 support and don't want to start scanning

Please if you have any idea help me I don't want to have waisted 30 euros for nothing :(

Thanks a lot

Louis

Yes, here's an idea : http://kismac.binaervarianz.de

You see, this is the place for NetStumbler support, as stated in the name & the posts in the welcome desk.
The link I gave you contains the name of the program you are requesting help with. Logic dictates that their site is where you get information from other kismac users.

Thread merged with an appropriate thread in the Bin.

Dutch
All your answers are belong to Google. SEARCH DAMMIT!
Warning. Warning.
Low C8H10N4O2 level detected. Operator halted....
Dutch

Antennas & Connector Questions

Postby JonnyAlpha » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:40 am

Hello;

I am experimenting with Homebrew Wireless Antenna and have a couple of questions if I may:

I have a three Wireless devices:
DLink G604T Router
Buffalo WLI-CB-G54S PCMCIA
Buffalo WLI2-PCI-G54 PCI

What connectors are installed in these devices?
The DLink and the Buffalo PCI look like RP-SMA before I buy connectors are the sockets installed on these devices male or female?
The reason I ask is because I remember reading that reverse polarity connectors configurations are different??

Normally female connectors are the ones with the flat face and a hole in the centre are RP SMA the reverse of this I.E. the connector fitted to the PCI card with a protruding centre is it a female or a male??

The PCMCIA card is I believe an MC Lucent connector to Male N Connector.
I have a pigtail for this device and have just snapped the MC connector any idea where I can get a replacement connector? or have the cable repaired, I am in the UK.

Most replacement Buffalo Pigtails are very expensive.
I have already built a cantenna using N Connectors and have found a cheap MC to SMA pigtail for about £6.00 if I decide to drop the homebrew method I have located a pretty good dealer of WiFi Antenna products based around RP SMA connectors.

Any help would be great
JonnyAlpha
Mini Stumbler

Postby Starpoint » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:44 am

[quote="JonnyAlpha"]Hello]

Did any of this stuff come with manuals?
If you have a digital camera, take pictures but ADHERE to teh 50 k limit per photo (aka do not upload a huge file, it WILL be deleted by a mod)

Also have you tried http://www.fab-corp.com?
Against the run of the mill, static as it seems

We break the surface tension with our wild kinetic dreams
Curves and lines -- of grand designs...

Tonight's movie "Soylent Green" has been brought to you by our sponsor - Waste Management

My mind is like a Steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in most states
Starpoint

Postby Dutch » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:45 am

JonnyAlpha wrote:Hello]Any help would be great[/b]

OK, here goes : READ all the posts in the Welcome Desk section.
Then follow the advice given in the thread regarding problems with your hardware and contact D-LINK and Buffalo's respective supportdepartements, if the information about connectors on the their devices aren't in the manual or the specification sheets on the website.

Dutch
Warning. Warning.
Dutch

Gkismet problem

Postby Packrat » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:38 am

I get can't connect to kismet server error when running gkismet. Now if I run kismet from command line, kismet will start, I shut it down then I can start gkismet fine and it connects fine. how do I make it so I don't have to do the extra step of running kismet first?

Thanks for any help.
Packrat
Mini Stumbler

Access Point + Router Problem

Postby badapple » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:48 pm

I am having trouble with my WiFi access point and Linksys Router (non-wireless).

Router: Linksys BEFSR41 EtherFast Cable/DSL Router + 4 Port Switch
Access Point: Orinoco RG-1000

The problem is: Everytime I plug in the access point's cable into 1 of the router's port, the internet just dies until I pull the cable and do a few resets on the router. The access point was able to connect to my local computer, since I was using my PSP to control my computer wirelessly, I was unable to connect to the internet at all.

Any solutions? :(
badapple
Mini Stumbler

Postby SignalSeeker » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:53 pm

Probably go to a URL that has Linksys or Proxim in it.

This is the support forum for NetStumbler software.

Justin
SignalSeeker

Postby streaker69 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:27 pm

badapple wrote:I am having trouble with my WiFi access point and Linksys Router (non-wireless).

Router: Linksys BEFSR41 EtherFast Cable/DSL Router + 4 Port Switch
Access Point: Orinoco RG-1000

The problem is: Everytime I plug in the access point's cable into 1 of the router's port, the internet just dies until I pull the cable and do a few resets on the router. The access point was able to connect to my local computer, since I was using my PSP to control my computer wirelessly, I was unable to connect to the internet at all.

Any solutions? :(

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Content_C1&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1115416835950&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

2wire initialization?

Postby ncoop23 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:47 pm

I was wondering how to configure the 2wire/orinoco card in KANOTIX/auditor I tried to use wlancfg in the gui and it saye there are no wireless devices but in lancfg it says there is a wlan0. I am kind of new to linux but I got this card so that I can learn how to use linux.
ncoop23
Mini Stumbler

Postby Dutch » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:51 pm

ncoop23 wrote:I was wondering how to configure the 2wire/orinoco card in KANOTIX/auditor I tried to use wlancfg in the gui and it saye there are no wireless devices but in lancfg it says there is a wlan0. I am kind of new to linux but I got this card so that I can learn how to use linux.

Go to the Auditor support site, to ask questions on how to use the tools on their linux distro.

Dutch
Warning. Warning.
Dutch

Problem with Belkin Wireless Pre-N Router - intermittent dropped connect

Postby abexman » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:13 pm

OK, I got one of the fancy Belkin Pre-N routers in a townhouse. The problem seems to be that the internet connection fluctuates from 54 Mbps down to disconnecting (no internet connection). This seems to especially happen in the evening. There are at least one or two other wifi routers broadcasting in nearby townhouses.

When the connection fails I cannot even login to the router wirelessly. I need to go plug the machine into the router. Otherwise if I reset the router all gets fixed...

I assume this is an interference issue. I've logged the connection cutting off several times in network stumbler but don't see any clear pattern and am unclear what I should look for.

I had called Belkin support on this and they said it is an issue with the laptops internet adapter which I think is BS since other SSID's still appear even after mine loses the connection. I called the laptop manufacturer and they told me to reinstall the adapter drivers and never run any firewall while wireless.

Any other suggestions or things to try?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Windows XP Home Edition
Belkin PreN router ver 2000
HP dpavilion v1040us laptop
abexman
Mini Stumbler

Postby wiresalot » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:52 pm

Cordless phones, Microwaves, could be some of your interference, You may want to look into getting a WiSpy.

WiSpy Link

wiresalot
wiresalot
Mini Stumbler

Postby wrzwaldo » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:08 pm

abexman wrote:
I had called Belkin support on this and they said it is an issue with the laptops internet adapter which I think is BS since other SSID's still appear even after mine loses the connection. I called the laptop manufacturer and they told me to reinstall the adapter drivers [color="Red"]and never run any firewall while wireless[/color].

Any advice would be appreciated.

Windows XP Home Edition
Belkin PreN router ver 2000
HP dpavilion v1040us laptop

So the folks at HP said to never run a firewall when using the wireless? That's some top notch advice. :rolleyes: Did you happen to get the name of the clown that told you that?
wrzwaldo

Postby streaker69 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:39 pm

wrzwaldo wrote:So the folks at HP said to never run a firewall when using the wireless? That's some top notch advice. :rolleyes: Did you happen to get the name of the clown that told you that?

I bet I can guess. His name was Habib Nahasaseenpetulan.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

PreviousNext

Return to Newbie Bin