It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:12 am

News News of NetStumbler.org Forums

Site map of NetStumbler.org Forums » Forum : NetStumbler.org Forums

The Ultimate Wireless Forum

newbie buying a wireless router

Hello everyone. I just need a little help choosing which router to buy, so I thought I would ask around a bit to get opinions of those more knowledgeable than I.

Right now, it's between the Linksys EA4500 and the latest Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station. I narrowed it down because my friend's guide to the best new wireless routers recommended them both. As a parent of 2, I really like the sound of the ...
Read more : newbie buying a wireless router | Views : 12692 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Hardware

Connect iPhone to iPad with Personal Hotspot

Many iPhone WiFi Transfer users ask us whether the app works or not if there is no WiFi network. We have answered such questions in the formal article in general. If your devices is iOS 5 or above, the Hotspot can plays the role of WiFi network. How much do you know about Hotspot? Or do you know how to connect two iOS devices together with the Hotspot?

In this article, we will show something ...
Read more : Connect iPhone to iPad with Personal Hotspot | Views : 14126 | Replies : 0 | Forum : HotSpots

stongest usb wireless card with detachable antenna

I need to know which USB wireless device THAT HAS A standard 4-5 inch DETACABLE ANTENNA is the stongest and longest pick up range not the ones with super attachements I need to know the stongest unit first and go from there
I also need to know which one will allow antenna upgrades after the fact

I bought a ralink and I dont know if it failed or what but my laptop has more pickup ...
Read more : stongest usb wireless card with detachable antenna | Views : 11292 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Hardware

Router as Wireless Device

I have a wrt54g with a Hyperlink 12db Omnidirectional antenna. Is there any way to configure NetStumbler to use this to look for wireless networks? I have looked all over the site and all over the web, and I have come to the conclusion that this is not possible. I thought there would be a ton of information on this kind of setup because of the availability of the external antennas for the routers. I ...
Read more : Router as Wireless Device | Views : 13258 | Replies : 0 | Forum : NetStumbler

VAGI Antenna and Cable

Vagi Series Antenna 16 dBi & 50ft LMR-400 Coax Cable - Purchased from Fleeman Anderson & Bird. Purchased for more than $100. Selling both for $50 OBO. Email me at allen_crane@yahoo.com or Call or Text at 210-912-0444.

The Vagi Series antenna system is constructed of Die Cast Aluminum Alloy with anti-corrosion alodine finish. A standard adjustable 45 deg tilt galvanized steel bracket which accommodates a 1" to 1.5" pole diameter. ...
Read more : VAGI Antenna and Cable | Views : 32590 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Buy/Sell/Trade/Share

Using NetStumbler with tethered mobile as wireless adapter

Hi,

To sum it up:
* I've got a PC that has no wireless adapter.
* I've tethered my android phone to my PC in order for my PC to use my phone's wireless connection (this works, i have wireless internet access via my phone).
* I've Installed NetStumbler on PC.
* Getting the "No wireless adapter found" message within NetStumbler.

I assume it's not possible to do what I'm trying to do? If it's ...
Read more : Using NetStumbler with tethered mobile as wireless adapter | Views : 11949 | Replies : 1 | Forum : NetStumbler

NetStumbler say's wireless adaptor not found???

Hi im new to NetStumbler and i was hoping somebody could help me, My laptop is an Acer using Acer Nplify 802.11b/g/n, but it say's wireless adaptor not found but im using it now as i write this post please help
Read more : NetStumbler say's wireless adaptor not found??? | Views : 6519 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Help

EAP-SIM initiated by Sony Xperia mobile not reaching AP

Hi Friends,

EAP-SIM initiated by Sony Xperia mobile not reaching Access Point or AP not forwarding EAP-SIM message to Free Radius Server.
Am facing a problem in EAP-SIM evaluation with free radius. Please find the below points and help me out....

1. Using Sony Xperia as User End. Dlink dir615 or linksys wrt120n for access point and free radius as authentication server.
2. Free radius tested with eap-sim option with the help of eap-sim06 test ...
Read more : EAP-SIM initiated by Sony Xperia mobile not reaching AP | Views : 33846 | Replies : 0 | Forum : AP Information

Wireless Internet With Dongle

I am looking for a way to get my 'normal' dongle to go wireless. I don't have a landline nor am I in a cabled area so my dongle is my lifeline, I have a pretty good deal and more than enough data for my usage. My only complaint is that I can only hook up my laptop, tablet etc. separately.

Is there a way to turn my dongle into a hotspot like I can ...
Read more : Wireless Internet With Dongle | Views : 11992 | Replies : 2 | Forum : HotSpots

A big problem for a big software

I would like to know if NetStumbler can help me to determine why I don't have internet connection via antenna using an usb adaptor alfa 2

Best Regards
It's my first post. Thanks for being here.
Read more : A big problem for a big software | Views : 12044 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Help

Login

Statistics

Total posts 186627 • Total topics 19050 • Total members 82440