It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 am

News News of NetStumbler.org Forums

Site map of NetStumbler.org Forums » Forum : NetStumbler.org Forums

The Ultimate Wireless Forum

Merry Christmas guys :)

Hey guys, just wanted to stop by for a quick second and say Merry Christmas to all, I kind of miss hanging out here with you guys... There were definitely some fun times to be had here

Also a side note... I've seen mention of amateur radio (or ham radio) a time or two in the past, and am kind of wondering how many of you guys have your amateur radio license? If so do ...
Read more : Merry Christmas guys :) | Views : 12245 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Off-Topic

QSSController v2.1.0.29

Read more : QSSController v2.1.0.29 | Views : 12758 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Windows

Connecting to home wifi- which is 30m away from home

Hi (my first thread )

Heres the situation:

Recently I got a building built at the end of my garden about 30 metres away. I want to be able to access my home wifi down there and only get a really weak connection if I hold my laptop up high above my head. Theres quite a steep drop from my house to the bottom of my garden. I want to be able to connect from ...
Read more : Connecting to home wifi- which is 30m away from home | Views : 14754 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Hardware

Laptop and Netstumbler

So, I've got this work laptop now with a nice empty slot that I can put my cobwebbed ORiNOCO card into, and get back into some good old fashioned netstumbling. However, my IT people are anal and I need a good excuse to get them to install netstumbler.

What do you suggest?

(Had to liven up the site.. crikey I haven't been around since 2008.)

Edit: P.s. how's everyone doing?
Read more : Laptop and Netstumbler | Views : 8917 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Help

Bullet + Omni good for 20 clients AP?

Hi,

I'm planning to use a Ubiquity Bullet M2 HP + a 8dbi omni antenna to share the internet with about 20 people. Is it a good plan?

Here's some pictures with an example of the setup :
http://alturl.com/ycoqu
http://alturl.com/32msh
http://alturl.com/yd4gd

Will this be enough to handle casual internet browsing and email checking for 20 persons?
Read more : Bullet + Omni good for 20 clients AP? | Views : 13029 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Hardware

Grounding of an outdoor omni wifi antenna

Hi,

What I want to do : Mount an outdoor Omni-directional antenna on a house and connect it to a high power access point, which is inside the house, using a 40 feet LMR-400 Coaxial cable.

I'm about to install my first wifi antenna on a house for a customer. I'd like to do it right. At first I thought it was going to be easy. I saw some diagrams on manufacturer's websites. I saw ...
Read more : Grounding of an outdoor omni wifi antenna | Views : 8843 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Hardware

No connection possible after running NetStumbler

Hi all,

After running NetStumbler I am not able to connect to my default (wireless) network. It has automatically reconfigured my card and now it does not work like it did before :( . My network is visible in the Windows tool, but does not connect. What can I do to restore any changes that are made? I have already uninstalled the hardware, but without any results.
Read more : No connection possible after running NetStumbler | Views : 11918 | Replies : 1 | Forum : NetStumbler

wifi antenna booster for alcoholics :)

Hi All,
I just wanted to give also my contribution to this nice forum.. proudly announcing my first antenna booster for alcoholics! :)
Yes, it is made of 3 used objects only, costed nothing!
- empty can of beer 0.5 l
- light sticky tape or old adhesives
- cardboard from the trash

In fact, if you are another alcoholic like me.. :P you have a lot ...
Read more : wifi antenna booster for alcoholics :) | Views : 13328 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Hardware

What's up beeshes!

Figured I'd better drop in before I forgot my password... What's everyone been up to lately?
Read more : What's up beeshes! | Views : 10401 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Off-Topic

Recover data from THIS!!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7a4_1316459724

WOW... That's impressive :)

Enjoy.. and 73
Read more : Recover data from THIS!!! | Views : 12687 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Off-Topic

Login

Statistics

Total posts 186627 • Total topics 19050 • Total members 82440