Are you glad winter is over?

Anything non-wireless related

Postby Thorn » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:54 am

I wish I could say the same. It's April 27 and as I write this, it's snowing. Heavily. So much so that it's sticking. According to the weather reports, the higher elevations are supposed to get 6"-12", but weren't supposed to get anything but rain.

Wrong.

This came in at 0435 this morning:

Tue 4/27/2010 04:35
Currently active alerts for device "Weather Station 1":
Shelburne Airport (VT) Winter Storm Warning 4/27/2010 8:00:00 AM - 4/28/2010 4:00:00 PM

<sigh>

And people around here can't figure out why I want to move to Las Vegas. Or Arizona. Or just about anywhere that's hot and dry.
Thorn
Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.
Thorn

Postby streaker69 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:17 am

Damn global warming causing all this snow.

I hear it also causes volcanoes to erupt.
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Location: Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Postby G8tK33per » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:28 am

Thorn wrote:Are you glad winter is over?

I wish I could say the same. It's April 27 and as I write this, it's snowing. Heavily. So much so that it's sticking. According to the weather reports, the higher elevations are supposed to get 6"-12", but weren't supposed to get anything but rain.

Wrong.

This came in at 0435 this morning:

<sigh>

And people around here can't figure out why I want to move to Las Vegas. Or Arizona. Or just about anywhere that's hot and dry.

That sucks, old man. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to turn the A/C on by the end of the week.

;-)
"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Sons of Confederate Veterans
G8tK33per

Postby renderman » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:34 pm

Try moving up here by me. It gets too cold to snow!
renderman

Postby Barry » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:41 pm

G8tK33per wrote:That sucks, old man. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to turn the A/C on by the end of the week.

;-)

We've already had ours on a couple times.

renderman wrote:Try moving up here by me. It gets too cold to snow!

Yea, that's weird.
Never do anything you don't want to explain to the paramedics.
Barry

Postby streaker69 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Barry wrote:We've already had ours on a couple times.

Did you have a neighbor come over and show you how to use it, since you hadn't seen AC in such a long time?
Treat your gun like your genitals, only whip it out when it's absolutely necessary.
streaker69

Postby Thorn » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Update: The six o'clock weather chick says we'll have 3"-7" by morning. Up in the mountains they've already had 10". In the mountains by the Canadian border, they'll have 20"+.
Thorn
Thorn

Postby streaker69 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Thorn wrote:Update: The six o'clock weather chick says we'll have 3"-7" by morning. Up in the mountains they've already had 10". In the mountains by the Canadian border, they'll have 20"+.

Which would you rather have, 3"-7" of snow in VT, or 3-7 illegal aliens running across your land every day in AZ?
streaker69

Postby Thorn » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:56 pm

streaker69 wrote:Which would you rather have, 3"-7" of snow in VT, or 3-7 illegal aliens running across your land every day in AZ?
Oh, joy. We get both.

Just because the Amish don't let Mexicans drive the buggies, doesn't mean AZ is the only place with illegals. They're just smart about a realizing the Feds can't/won't do it alone.

I hate to burst your bubble, but we have plenty of illegals here. We're a border state and some people take the long way around, figuring that the Border Patrol and ICE are only on the southern border. To work with on a farm here, "se halba espanol" is standard, simply because other languages aren't spoken. Hell, I know at least two people who I strongly suspect run illegals over the Canadian border, one of whom it was recently subpoenaed as a witness at a Federal Grand Jury investigation on illegal alien trafficking.

Oh, and we're currently at 4"-9".
Thorn
Thorn

Postby streaker69 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:09 am

Thorn wrote:Oh, joy. We get both.

Just because the Amish don't let Mexicans drive the buggies, doesn't mean AZ is the only place with illegals. They're just smart about a realizing the Feds can't/won't do it alone.

It isn't that we don't let them drive buggies, it's that they don't want to because it's really hard to make a lowrider out of a buggy.
streaker69

Postby Barry » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:05 am

streaker69 wrote:It isn't that we don't let them drive buggies, it's that they don't want to because it's really hard to make a lowrider out of a buggy.

I thought it was because they didn't like the pedal powered pumps for the suspension hydraulics.
Barry

Postby brwrdrvr » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:26 am

We had a cold front come through the other night. I had to turn my AC off yesterday and thought I would need to turn the heater on this morning to get the chill out of the house. I am wearing a long sleeve shirt into work today. Hell I was swimming in the river two Sundays ago.

@Streaker

I was Googling to see if I could find a pic of a low rider Amish buggy, but only found this one.

http://troyfrey.com/scion/buggyflames.jpg
Real Linux users write the zeros and ones directly to the hard drive using a refrigerator magnet. ~ bobfunland
brwrdrvr

Postby streaker69 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:44 am

brwrdrvr wrote:@Streaker

I was Googling to see if I could find a pic of a low rider Amish buggy, but only found this one.

http://troyfrey.com/scion/buggyflames.jpg

You wanna know something really funny about that picture, I know right where that was taken. It was taken in the same area as my "Jacob's Wifi Service" picture, a little village called Intercourse.
streaker69

Postby beakmyn » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:23 am

Barry at Lowes:

Hey honey, check this out! They got machines to make the air cold! Don't you think they'd just turn the heat off and open a door?
beakmyn

Postby Barry » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:06 pm

beakmyn wrote:Barry at Lowes:

Hey honey, check this out! They got machines to make the air cold! Don't you think they'd just turn the heat off and open a door?

Heh, I actually wore a jacket to work this morning(and just realized I left it there). Had a pretty hard frost last night, had to get up around 3 this morning to shut the window.
Barry

Next

Return to Off-Topic